As distilled water?
Distilled water is purified liquid that contains a minimum amount of impurities and foreign substances.It is absolutely indifferent and has a pH level: 5,0-6,8.Among its main features are the following:
- not combustible;
- not crystallized below 0 ° C;
- is a universal solvent;
- is taste and odor;
- does not conduct electric current.
Getting distilled water
Distilled water has a broad scope, it even used as therapeutic purposes.However, its cost is relatively high, so many are engaged in obtaining it at home.The quality of it is not inferior to purchase water, so used to the same success.
distilled water Preparation: Method №1
distilled water in various ways.The most commonly used for this purpose a glass bowl, ice, 20-liter pot made of stainless steel, and normal tap water.The process of obtaining distilled water consists of these steps:
- Fill the pot with 10 liters of water.
- Put it in a glass bowl, it should float in the liquid, but do not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Place container on fire and wait until the water becomes hot.If the water starts to boil, turn off the stove burner.
- now need to create a cold barrier that will ensure the condensation effect and will provide distilled water.This will require close the pan upside down lid, and pour it on ice chips.
- Reconnect the pan and wait until the water boils, which will lead to the rise of steam.It will be in contact with the cold lid condensation occurs, and starts to accumulate in the bowl of distilled water.When it builds up in the quantity you need, you can turn off the pan and a bowl with clean fluid to pull out using oven gloves.But be very careful, as there is the risk of getting burned.
- resulting distilled water cool and then pour into a clean container and use for their needs.
distilled water Preparation: Method №2
distilled water you can with the help of this method.It involves the use of two glass bottles, one of which has a curved neck, adhesive tape, tap water, an ice pack and a 20-liter pots.The process of obtaining distilled water is as follows:
- Take one bottle and fill it with tap water.It is required that it did not reach the neck of 12-13 cm.
- Now plug the second bottle, which has a curved neck.It is necessary to firmly secure them with duct tape.
- Take a pan and fill it with water.It is necessary that it is completely closed bottle, which was previously poured liquid.
- Place the bottle in a pan.It is required that the angle of inclination of the container was filled with about 30 degrees, with the blank should be located above it, since this would facilitate the collection of distilled water.
- Put an ice pack on the empty bottle to create the subsequent cold barrier that will contribute to the formation of condensation.
- Put the pan on the burner and wait until it boils.Thereafter, the process begins producing distilled water.
Preparation of distilled water: the way №3
If you are looking for a simple option to help get distilled water, then use this:
- When will the rain, put a clean container outside and wait until it is completely filled with liquid.
- Leave rainwater for 2 days in the room.During this time it will have time to fully neutralized by minerals.Thereafter, distilled water is ready.
distilled water Preparation: Method №4
distilled water can be and with the help of this simple method.For him the need to prepare in advance the water, which is collected from the aqueduct.It is necessary to leave for a day.Then proceed as follows:
- Dial in plastic bottles to defend the water and close the lid tightly.
- Put it all in the freezer.To bottle subsequently is not stuck to the wall of her need to attach to the bottom of the container a piece of cardboard.
- When half of the water in the bottle is frozen, remove it.Drain
- which did not turn into ice, into the container and then pour it, since it will contain a great number of chemicals and salts.
- ice remaining in the bottle thaw at room temperature, the liquid will be distilled water.
With other methods of producing distilled water you can find in these articles:
- How to clean water
- How to get distilled water
If you want to know whether it is possible to use such water, we recommend that you read the article: Can Idrink distilled water.