Where the Hell ?
Hell, hell, hell fire, Sunshine ... This terrible place of many names.Priests frighten us, that we get there, if we sin after death.To believe in the existence of hell or not - a private matter of each person.If it does exist, then where?Let's look at where the hell from the perspective of different religions and religious beliefs.
- Ancient mythology: the word Hell itself comes from the Greek ( "ades" - invisible).This word the ancient Greeks called the invisible realm of the dead, in which reigned the gloomy god of Hades.This kingdom, according to the Greeks, was under the ground.Many modern religions have adopted this idea - most religions believe that hell be in the depths of the earth and heaven, on the other hand, in heaven (heaven and the underworld)
- Islam - the Koran does not specify exactly where Hell.Its location is known only to Allah.However, some hints can guess what the hell is in the depths of the earth, and its dimensions are enormous.
- Buddhism - the representatives of this religious movement believe that hell is a continent of Jambudvipa.Buddhists believe that the form of Hell is a truncated pyramid, consisting of 8 layers.At the center of these layers fiery hot, and on the sides - ice.Therefore formed 8 hot and 8 cold hells, where sinners suffer.
- Judaism - the Torah, we just do not find the exact indication of the location of Hell.However, Judaism went one of the names of Hell - Hell fire.Judah called Hell "Sheol" or "Hell".Gehenna was called the valley near Jerusalem, which were brought and burnt debris.Hence, the "fire".Just burned sinners in Hell.But as they say the rabbis, the most serious suffering in Hell, it is not the suffering of the body.This awareness of the gravity of their sins and the inability to fix them.
- Christianity - Christians believe that Hell is in the bowels of the earth.They add that Heaven and Hell are located in the supernatural space, which will be available only after a person's death.In Christianity Hell - a place where the devils and demons constantly plagued by sinful souls.The penalty depends on the severity of the sinful acts committed by a person during his lifetime.In addition to the physical suffering, the wicked suffer and morally, as appeared in front of them all their sins into the true, divine light.Caught in the hell of the soul, there will be tormented until the Last Judgment, when their fate will be decided definitively.
- Kabbalah - for esoteric Kabbalah, the question of where Hell is responsible - in the human soul.Hell - is the realization of how great the difference between man and God, the Higher force for good.The man himself determines his punishment - the more it differs from God, the worse his punishment.He is aware of his insignificance, depravity, baseness.Shame and remorse are so strong that worse than this, and can not be.
has not bypassed the subject of Hell and fiction.The most famous, of course, is Dantevsky Hell.Where is Dante's Inferno?The writer is the entrance to the underworld somewhere in the territory of modern Italy.A more precise location, he does not have.The main character of the Divine Comedy to the underworld accompanied by the poet Virgil, Dante sent his beloved Beatrice.Dante's Inferno takes the form of a huge crater, which is an acute angle rests on the center of the earth.This crater consists of nine parts - the 9 circles of Hell.The below is a circle, the harder sins, because of which there has got soul.Each circle of hell has its own name.In the ninth circle, the very bottom, there are the major villains and traitors example Judas, Brutus.They devour himself Lucifer, the fallen angel who rebelled against God.Lucifer half-frozen in the icy lake Katsit.
Currently Hell theme remains popular - it is used in contemporary literature, and computer games.(Such as Doom 3, the game Dantes Inferno, which is dedicated to the "Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri)