How to cook soup ?
Borsch - a basic starter not only for Ukrainians, but also for other Eastern Slavs.Each soup region characterized by a set of components and recipes.Nevertheless, the foundation of any beet borscht is always, so the soup has a distinctive red color.If you want to know how to make soup, you must first decide what kind of borscht you want to cook.
Today there are a lot of soup recipes for every taste: the fish broth, mushrooms, dried fruit, vegetarian, sour, cold soup.For example, if you want to know the recipe of cold borscht, read our article - How to cook a cold soup.Many recipes can also be found in the culinary sites on the Internet, for example, about how to cook green soup or borsch in multivarka.
In this article we will focus on traditional recipes Ukrainian borsch and give step by step instructions for the preparation of borscht with meat.
How to cook Ukrainian borscht
To start buy everything you need.Here's what you need to prepare the soup:
- vegetables: beets (100 g), cabbage (1/4 head of cabbage), carrots and onions (2 pcs.), Sweet pepper (1 pcs.);
- meat - usually taken pork (200 g);
- potatoes (4-5 pcs.);
- spices: bay leaf, garlic, pepper;
- tomato paste (1 tbsp.);
- butter (1 tbsp.)
- sugar, salt (a teaspoon or to taste);
- sour cream;
- herbs (parsley. Dill, green onions).
How to cook borsch: a step by step recipe
- Boil the broth.Boil the meat for 40-50 minutes.During cooking, you need to remove the foam.Put the broth peeled and shredded onions and carrots for 20 minutes until cooked, add salt, pepper, add bay leaf.When the broth is ready, remove the meat, cut into small pieces.Carrots and onions are no longer needed.
- Potatoes cut into small cubes, finely chop the cabbage.Toss the potatoes in boiling broth and cook until soft.Then add the cabbage and simmer for another 7-10 minutes on medium heat.
- beets need to clean the beets and cut into small cubes.Part of the beet can be left, and add it to the very end of cooking the soup, so he got a rich red color.Also chop the remaining carrots, onions and bell peppers.Fry the vegetables in a pan in hot oil until golden brown.
- Add to skillet tomato paste or finely chopped tomatoes without skin.This mixture can be poured little broth.Tomita dressing over low heat for 10 minutes.Then Put the mixture into the pot of soup.
- Boil the soup seasoned for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat, add the finely chopped parsley.Put the previously boiled meat.Crush peeled garlic, mix with fat and also add to the soup.
- traditional soup is served with sour cream, black and white bread, croutons, garlic, green onions.Bon Appetit!
Another recipe for borscht, you will learn from the article How to cook soup.