Why does not the Wi-Fi?
you like all hooked up, but the Wi-Fi network still does not want to connect to the Internet?
What could be the cause of this problem and how to fix it?This will be discussed in this article.
Possible problems and their solutions
In any case, let's start with the most simple: check whether there is internet at all (maybe the provider has some issues and communication is not available).To do this, connect the cable directly to a laptop.If the connection is established, then everything is fine, the problem is not in it.
Antivirus and firewall
These programs, despite the utility can create serious difficulties for the user, blocking the launch of different utilities, applications, games, discovery sites and so on.
Therefore, as an option, try to temporarily disable anti-virus and / or firewall and see the reaction of the network.If the Internet is to work, then it was really in these programs.If not, then turn it back, because the source of the problem is something else.
router or laptop?
To determine the source of the problem, connect the router to another device - the tablet, stationary PC, smartphone.If other gadgets gain access to the Internet (websites load), then the problem is in the laptop.If the Wi-Fi network is detected, but the actual connection is missing, something is wrong with the network settings.
If the problem is in the laptop
First, check whether it is included wireless network connection.To do this on a laptop is usually a button there is a special Wi-Fi.If the light she is off, press the button and re-check the connection to the network.
You can also check the network settings - their incorrectness can also be the reason why is not working Wi-Fi.So, if there are any problems, then near the network icon (looks like a series of rods of different lengths) is lit yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.
- Click on the icon, right-click and select from the list "Control Center Network and Sharing Center."
- left to get the line "Change adapter settings" in the window that opens.Follow this link.
- In the new window, select the "Wireless Network Connection", by clicking on the icon, right-click, and then click "Properties".
- In the list that appears, find the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)».Click the left mouse button, select the color.Then click on the button "Properties", located in the same window, but just below the list on the right side.
- In the next window you need to put a checkmark in the line "Get IP-address automatically" and "Obtain DNS-server address automatically."Secure settings by pressing «OK».
After all these manipulations, reboot the notebook.If it was in the router settings, the network will work.
If the problem is in the router
Setting this device usually requires the involvement of a specialist, so if you can not find other reasons for the lack of Wi-Fi on the laptop, it is quite possible, the device itself is configured as something wrong or it is faulty.
In this situation, it makes sense to contact the center for technical support provider and ask for help.
- Why not connect WiFi
- How to connect to the Wi-Fi laptop