How to make a Joomla template ?
Before you begin working with Joomla 2.5, you must install the latest version of its server that contains the demo data from which to delete unnecessary items.For example, to create a theme for Joomla 2.5 version will be considered question about how to make a template for Joomla.The first step is to install a previously created archive to Joomla.To do this, use the Template Manager, which is incorporated by its own default template.
- After the test data is deleted, it is necessary to include in the resulting template admin panel.Then, go to the website where you can see a white sheet.This is because no working code is not yet in the new template.
- estimate the future structure of the template.For example, the structure will consist of caps, the top menu (navigation), the content of the right column and footer.
- Create a site layout.To edit the file to open the index.php, connect the first output function head meta tags Joomla.Prescribe frame html-tags and write data in the block.
- Connect head Joomla meta tags.Connect the standard output.Go to the css folder, delete all the contents and create a file named template.css, which will be written by your template styles.Thereafter, reopen index.php and connect your css.
- Connect stylesheet by determining the path to the folder with php shablonom.Element insert echo $ this- & gt;baseurl - displays the site url and paste $ this- & gt;template is the path to the template folder.After entering the parameters necessarily need to visit the site and check whether the connected fayl.Teper css make html-template markup.Create styles and structure of the site can be directly looking through some kind of a website.
- When laid out the basic building blocks of the page, make sure that the pattern looks correct and does not fall apart.After this position can be added to the modules.Example: Adding the top navigation menu.The position is named topmenu.Go to templateDetails file.xml, then the block is appended topmenu (position may be of any convenient to you the name).
- Next, make a template for Joomla 2.5 you need by adding templateDetails file.xml module of such a position as the topmenu.Now, to save and go back to the index file.php, which bind the output gap in the desired location you.To do this, use the line:
& lt;jdoc: include type = "modules" name = "topmenu" / & gt;
- output modules in the right place.Name Position located in templateDetails file.xml is used as a parameter name.Now Accordingly, the unit displays the position #topmenu topmenu module.To view the module position in the browser, you must enable this feature in the admin area.Go to the Template Manager, open options and select "display fields of the template."
- Now if you go to the site and enter the following into the address bar: http: // address of the site?tp = 1, it can be seen, there are some fields in the template.To display the menu in the position topmenu, navigate to the Module Manager, select the menu module, publish in the topmenu position, select "display on all pages" and look.The site menu should appear.
- Now Make menu to your liking by template.css.When it is ready, you can display the content page using the line:
& lt;jdoc: include type = "component" / & gt ;.
Now you can start to make out styles for articles, links and other things.More to read about some of the important and tricky moments, as well as how to download, how to prepare or make a joomla template you can on the pages here and here.