Why do a lot of urine ?
Normally, a healthy person per day is allocated about 1.5 liters of urine.As a rule, people urinate 5-6 times a day, the largest volume of liquid released during the day.If one observes a significant increase in the number of daily urine, it is necessary to tell your doctor.
polyuria - increasing urine output.Its volume may exceed 2 liters, and in severe cases - 3 liters per day.It occurs in various diseases, and also has other reasons, and temporary.
Possible causes polyuria
diseases as a cause of polyuria:
- some kidney diseases (chronic pyelonephritis, renal failure, polycystic kidney disease, Bartter syndrome, hydronephrosis);
- diabetes (glucose concentration in urine increases its density, as seen in the analysis);
- diabetes insipidus (this is a rare disease in which disrupted the pituitary or hypothalamus, it is a sign of polyuria).
non-pathological causes polyuria
If you have a lot of urine, the reasons may be, not only in disease.This is what contributes to the formation of large amounts of urine:
- Urine will be a lot, if the swelling began to subside too fast.
- In addition, if a person consumes too large amount of alcohol or liquids containing caffeine, it will be increased and urine formation.
- Most pregnant women say that they have a lot of urine.No wonder, because the enlarged uterus puts immense pressure on the bladder.
- The use of diuretic drugs will increase the number of daily urine.It also causes an increase in toxic substances, namely ethanol, amphotericin, demeclocycline, lithium, propoxyphene, methoxyflurane.
- There are particular reasons why a person is allocated a lot of urine.These include: feeding the patient with food through a tube, the introduction of urea intravenously.
To distinguish pathological from physiological changes, the doctor conducts a test with fluid deprivation.And then assigns the appropriate treatment and gives recommendations to address a temporary problem.If you have the opposite situation, when urination occur less and less frequently, please refer to our next article.