What is a normal pulse rate in humans ?
rate and rhythm of the pulse can confirm that the person is healthy, and may be an important indicator of the development of any disease.Ideally, the pulse should be evenly rhythmic, and the number of beats per minute should be appropriate to the age of man.
pulse rate in different people
What normal heart rate in humans?Rates will depend on the age and sex.For example, in women heart rate more frequent than in men.
Here are some sample rates for different ages:
- After Birth - 140 beats / min..
- Up to 1 year -. 130 beats / min.
- 1 year to 2 years -. 100 beats / min.
- From 3 to 7 years old -. 95 beats / min.
- From 8 to 14 years - 80 beats / min..
- Adults -. 72 beats / min.Women -. 70-80 beats / min in men -. 60-70 beats / min..
- old age, old age - 65 beats / min..
- painful condition - 65 beats / min..
- Before his death - 160 beats / min..
These are approximate numbers, the rules may vary, but not by much.If the heart rate is significantly higher than normal, or, conversely, is behind it, it is necessary to consult a doctor as soon as possible!Pulse - a serious indicator of human health and life.
What pulse rate during exercise?Calculate the rate can be according to the formula: 220 - (minus) Your age.The number, which you will receive will be the maximum permissible number of your heart rate during exercise.Example of maximum permissible norms for the 30-year-old man: 220 - 30 = 190. 190 - is the maximum allowable rate.Anything higher is already too much.To exercise brought only benefit, you need to from the maximum pulse rate is 70-80%.For example, a 30-year-old man needs a heart rate of about 170 bpm. / Min.
How to measure the pulse
What normal heart rate in humans should be, you already know.Let's learn how correctly it is necessary to measure the pulse.
Situations in which no pulse should be checked:
- immediately after a meal;
- after the hard work of mental or physical;
- after sex or taking a bath, after the massage;
- after a long stay in the sun, fire, or in the cold;
- when lack of sleep;
- in the days of menstruation.
Recommendations how to measure pulse
- pulse can be arrhythmic, so measure it for 15 seconds and multiply by 4 wrong.You should consider the pulse throughout minutes.
- between breakfast and lunch (from 11 to 13 hours) - is the best time to measure heart rate.During this period, the pulse of the most smooth.
- Indications on the wrists of the left and right hand are not identical, check for both.
- When measuring the pulse, use three fingers to get a better feel for it.This index, middle and ring fingers.Press lightly on the hand, each finger should have a good feel for a pulse.
- Measuring the pulse at the wrist - the most popular option.However, you can measure the pulse in the arteries: carotid, temporal, brachial, femoral and popliteal.