What is seborrhea ?
For the health and beauty of the skin is very important complex of fatty acids, fats and proteins, which are released by the sebaceous glands of man and called sebum.This sebum protects skin from drying, flaking and cracking, from fungi and bacteria.The density of sebaceous glands on the human body is huge, it is 2-3 times hundreds per square centimeter.They have a branched structure and penetrate deeper into the skin, and displayed on the surface near the hair.Therefore the main task of sebum (sebum) - moisturizes and softens.The number of employees of the sebaceous glands is not constant and depends on many factors:
Most of the sebaceous glands gets to work only at puberty, with increased blood hormones.With age, the number of active sebaceous glands is reduced.The most common disease of the sebaceous glands - seborrhea, which is characterized by impaired production of sebum.Experts identify even "seborrheic zones" on human skin, most often subjected to the disease: the forehead, the central part of the face, ears, scalp, chest, shoulder, interscapular region, the shoulders.In order to understand what is seborrhea and not to confuse it with other skin diseases, it is necessary to clearly define the symptoms of the disease.
The main types of seborrhea
- Fatty.In this case, the amount of sebum excreted glands exceeds the rate of 1.5-2.The skin is very oily, there is abundant large dandruff, acne (pimples).Changing the composition of the fat - decreases the amount of linoleic acid in it, and this leads to raising the pH of the skin and promotes infection.
- Dry.Lack of sebum, resulting in peeling of the skin and the appearance of fine dusty dandruff.
- Mixed seborrhea.
reasons seborrhea seborrhea
development occurs mainly during puberty or due to disruption of the body.The main factors contributing to its development:
- Physiological.As a result of a sharp rise in the blood hormones of teenagers, there is a malfunction of the sebaceous glands.This disease is usually without any kind of treatment, after the normalization of the level of sex hormones.
- genetic.The sebaceous glands are genetically "programmed" so often found in the patient's relatives with a similar problem.
- hormone.Seborrhea most exposed men as androgens (male sex hormones) - the strongest stimulant works glands.The disease in women indicates increased levels of male sex hormones, and can be a symptom of ovarian diseases.With a lack of hormones may develop dry seborrhea, which is often the case with children.
- general condition of the body.Very often such diseases as Parkinson's disease, a tumor of the adrenal glands or sexual organs, epilepsy, schizophrenia, central nervous system infections accompanied by profuse seborrhea.
Symptoms and signs of seborrhea
Basically, the disease is chronic and acute from time to time.Symptoms can vary depending on the type of seborrhea.
- shiny skin;
- enlarged pores;
- strong dandruff;
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- flaking skin, in the form of small flakes;
- brittle hair with posechennymi tips;
- reddish-pink spots;
- itchy scalp;
most clear symptoms in mixed seborrhea.In this case, the face seen acne and enlarged pores and hair become brittle, there is abundant fine dandruff and itching.Now you know all about how to manifest, and what is seborrhea.This allows you to detect the disease at an early stage and in time to begin his treatment.Since this delay can lead to complications and rather unpleasant consequences.