What is erythema ?
Erythema - a strong reddening of the skin that occurs due to expansion of capillaries.At the same time, this phenomenon can have both short-term and protracted, even pathological.
Let's talk more about what erythema, what are the varieties and how to recover from it.
- Strong emotions (shyness, fear, anger).
- physical effects on the epidermis with massage, physiotherapy and so on.
- inflammatory disease.
- Infectious Diseases.
- Skin diseases.
- burns (including solar).
- Exposure to high or low temperatures on the skin.
- Excessive stimulation of vasoconstrictor nerve fibers.
- Exposure to chemicals and so on. D.
Redness (such as skin and mucosa) may appear spots with clear or blurred boundaries.In some cases, the redness may disappear during the pressure on the skin, and then return.
When those or other diseases may be accompanied by redness and other adverse symptoms:
- joint pain and swelling;
- fever and fever;
- rashes with papules and so on.
Among the most common forms of the disease are the following:
- Erythema nodosum.It is characterized by the appearance of nodular formations deep red color (most often in the legs), high temperature.In many cases, the causative agent of the infectious diseases are streptococci.Perhaps chronic disease relapse during the warmer months.
- erythema.This rash, which may be of any shape.They appear on the legs, feet, mucous membranes, accompanied by the formation of purulent plaques.This erythema can occur as a result of infectious diseases (eg, herpes simplex).Often accompanied by high fever with fever, body aches.In the advanced stages of the disease threatens death.
- Infrared erythema.It looks like a rash that covers the skin in the form of a grid.Most often affects the lower limbs.There is exposed to heat.
- sudden erythema.It begins with fever, headaches and sleep disorders.After 3-4 days, the symptoms subside and are replaced by a rash.A few days later a rash also pass.
- erythema migrans.In many cases, is caused by Lyme disease has an infectious nature.Transmitted to humans from the bite of a tick.Redness at the site of the bite is actively growing.
It is to eliminate factors causing erythema.For example, a person refuses to visit the beach at peak activity hours of sun or ceases to communicate with the person, provoking him negative emotions.
In the case where the basis of rash and redness is one or another pathology, doctors prescribe antibiotics, medications that strengthen the walls of blood vessels, corticosteroids, antihistamines, and so on angioprotectors.Also it may be shown the diet, bed rest, exclusion of allergenic foods, physiotherapy and so on.
With time begun effective treatment prognosis in most cases favorable.
You may also be useful article What is eczema.