What is the prostate ?
glands in the human body play an extremely important function - they are the organs of internal secretion, and are necessary for all life support systems.The glands in the body are many, and they are located in different places.In this article, we'll show you what the prostate, or prostate gland, which diseases may be associated with it and how to treat them.
Prostate - is a complex tubular-alveolar endocrine gland, an important part of the male reproductive system.The function of the prostate or the prostate is to produce a particular weakly alkaline secretion - a major constituent of semen.It is no less important component of the male reproductive system than the genitals, but taking care of her pay somehow pay much less attention.
One of the very common diseases is an enlarged prostate.Hyperplasia of the prostate as well is now called the disease, (previously used name BPH) - a benign enlargement of the prostate, which is accompanied by the following features:
- frequent urination, including at night;
- need to make efforts to start the process of urination;
- easing jet head, which is why the process of urination is often interrupted and there is a feeling of not completely emptying the bladder;
- difficult to contain the urge to urinate during the day.
Symptoms of prostate hyperplasia coincide with the symptoms of prostate cancer, but the disease is not as dangerous to health as cancer.This disease develops in men with age and according to statistics from it suffers half of men aged 51 to 60 years, and 90% of men after 80 years.If this disease is left untreated, it can lead to complications such as inflammation of the urinary tract, renal failure, and promote the formation of kidney stones and bladder.
- In the initial stages of the disease when the symptoms are too mild, your doctor may suggest you to watch the development of disease symptoms before you start treatment immediately.You will be instructed to drink as much fluid, especially in the evening, a special diet, and appropriate medications.
- basis of medical treatment of prostatic hyperplasia comprise alpha-blockers.However, often patients prefer just to resort to invasive procedures such as transurethral the microwave therapy, laser therapy and transurethral resection of the prostate.These procedures allow to get rid of the disease once and for all and have significantly fewer side effects compared with the drugs.
- And finally, in the most severe cases may require surgery.
Prostate cancer - a malignant tumor, which means that such a tumor may develop, affecting other adjacent organs.
Generally, prostate cancer in men also appears in old age.However, to other risk factors include poor diet, bad heredity and environment, as well as already existing before prostatic hyperplasia.
Symptoms of prostate cancer, as we already mentioned above, the same as the symptoms of prostate magnification.
Prostate Cancer Treatment is carried out by the same methods as the treatment of any other malignancy:
- First patient diagnosis is made, which includes a visit to a urologist, a blood test surrender of prostate specific antigen and biopsy.
- On the basis of the diagnosis produced a decision about the choice of one of the types of treatment: surgical, medical (with hormones) or treatment by radiotherapy.
- In some cases, the decision on combining radiation therapy with medication in order to achieve maximum effectiveness of the treatment course.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
- How to treat prostatitis
- How to massage the prostate