How to treat glaucoma ?
Under glaucoma (in Greek, means "blue haze eyes") are now realizing a large group of diseases of the eye, manifested by increased intraocular pressure, which have as a consequence of decreased visual acuity, reducing the field of view, andand atrophy of the optic nerve.The most susceptible to the disease are elderly people, however, can start much earlier glaucoma.
Glaucoma is irreversible, lifelong and requires prompt treatment at the first signs of the same.In this article we will look at how to treat glaucoma, as well as what to do to prevent the disease.The symptoms of this disease is a sense of blurred vision, pain, feeling of heaviness and pain in the eyes, reducing the field of vision, twilight vision deterioration and the appearance of the rainbow halos when looking at bright light sources.
forms of glaucoma
There are 2 forms of glaucoma:
most common first form, which occurs in 90% of cases of glaucoma.Open-angle glaucoma develops almost asymptomatic for several years, it is being gradually narrowed field of vision.It sometimes happens that a person turns to the ophthalmologist only when suddenly discovers that he sees with only one eye.There are other signs and symptoms of the disease.
Angle-closure glaucoma is more common in people after 30 years with farsightedness.In this form of the disease pressure inside the eye rises rapidly causing the attack, accompanied by sharp pain, sudden loss of visual acuity, eye redness.
Specific treatment for glaucoma depends on the stage and form of the disease.So before you prescribe treatment, the doctor diagnoses, comprising measuring the pressure inside the eye, the study of the fundus and optic nerve, as well as clarification of the size of the field of view.
In open-angle glaucoma is quite possible to maintain the vision and support of his sharpness at the same level, but it needs as soon as possible to diagnose the disease and begin treatment.In the treatment of angle-closure glaucoma is extremely important to see a doctor within the first days after the onset of an attack, otherwise maybe a strong decrease in visual acuity, including blindness.The mainstay of treatment for glaucoma is the normalization of intraocular pressure.For this purpose, use:
- Special drops that are prescribed by a doctor
- Laser therapy
- operation, which allows you to not use the drops for 5-7 years.
medication, including the instillation into the eyes of several kinds of drops 1-3 times a day is usually sufficient in the initial stages of open-angle glaucoma.At a more advanced stage or ineffective medicines or resort to laser surgery, which are aimed at improving the outflow of intraocular fluid.
Folk remedies for the treatment of glaucoma
People's treatment of glaucoma is not able to replace the drug and, especially surgery.Methods for home treatment should be applied only as an extra, and after consultation with the attending physician.
Consider what folk remedies will help you in the treatment of this disease.
- juice or a decoction of lumbago disclosed mixed with honey in equal parts.Take 1 h. Spoon the resulting mixture 3-5 times a day before meals.
- Mix in a ratio of 1: 1 celandine juice and water.Make lotions of this mixture on the affected eye 2 times a day.Note that celandine can not be used during an attack of glaucoma!
- small duckweed powder mixed with honey in equal parts.Take 1-2 g of the mixture 3-5 times a day before eating, drinking it with boiled water.
- Prepare a mixture of ginger, cinnamon, liquorice, buckwheat flowers, lemon balm and motherwort herb, taken in equal parts.Pour 1 tbsp.spoon mixture cup boiling water, leave for 1 hour, then strain.Ready infusion, take 3 times a day for 0.5 cups.This infusion is effective and how glaucoma prevention.
- half cup of nettle mix with 1 h. Spoon petals of lily of the valley, and 1 tablespoon water.Insist the mixture in a dark place for 9 hours, then add 0.5 hours. Tablespoons of baking soda.The weight should be applied to the eyes 1-2 times a day.
disease currently have not yet found an effective method to prevent glaucoma, so only the timely access to a doctor to avoid dire consequences.As one of the most important risk factor is age, all people older than 40 years should be inspected by an ophthalmologist 1-2 times a year.And if you have hyperopia, relatives, patients with glaucoma or had surgery on the eyes, then a visit to the ophthalmologist are required for you.