How to treat conjunctivitis ?
Because conjunctivitis is one of the most frequent cases of eye diseases, you need to know in advance how to treat conjunctivitis.This is especially true of parents, those who are going on a long journey to the sea or hiking.Assemble a first aid kit properly, to provide competent assistance until the time when you will be able to see a doctor.
How does conjunctivitis
other words, is an inflammation of the eye, or rather, the outer transparent shell that covers the eyeball and the inside of the century.Patients complain that they feel like sand poured into the affected eye.Therefore, the eyes become red, watery and may fester.Often in the morning is hard to open your eyes, because of the resulting dried purulent crusts.The disease is contagious, so you need to observe good personal hygiene to avoid infecting others.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Use a personal towel, do not let them wiped children.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, so as not to transfer the infection to healthy eyes.
- can not wash with water, which contains chlorine, because it is even more complicate the course of the disease.
- For washing, use boiled water.
- Limit contact with others.
How to cure conjunctivitis home
Just want to warn you that self or national treatment of conjunctivitis can be fraught with complications.With timely treatment to the ophthalmologist and proper treatment, the disease recedes in 4 days, if you have already started or there is a chronic form - three to four weeks.
If no doctor nearby, and the pain becomes unbearable, you can try to drip over the lower eyelid a few drops of a 20% solution of sodium sulfatsil (Albucidum) or 0.3% solution of chloramphenicol.The procedure is repeated every 3 hours.Each time use a new pipette.Wear sun glasses, if painful to look at the light.
conjunctivitis, than to treat, how to prevent
begin with, that should be treated on the basis of what kind of disease you beat.A total of three:
- Allergic conjunctivitis.
- Bacterial conjunctivitis.
- Viral conjunctivitis.
How to treat conjunctivitis in adults
- Allergic conjunctivitis may occur as a general allergic reaction of the body, and often affects both eyes.The eye is not just red, but swollen eyelids.Treatment consists in applying antihistamines.If symptoms are mild, you can try applying cold compresses.Later, finding out the cause of the allergy, avoid contact with the allergen.
- Bacterial conjunctivitis.The cause is bacteria - streptococcus or staphylococcus.From the eyes appear purulent discharge.It will help the infusion of chamomile.Take 2 hours. Spoon a quarter cup of boiling water and wash their eyes.In the acute form using eye drops (0.25% chloramphenicol, sulfacetamide 30%) and an ointment containing Me antibiotics (tetracycline, 1%).Use according to the package insert.
- Viral conjunctivitis.There is a due to a viral infection in the general weakening of the body.First, strengthen the immune system and treat the underlying disease, then administered antiviral eye drops or ointment.
How to treat conjunctivitis in a child, a small child
Any redness of the eyes - to the doctor immediately.Remember that self-medication can have irreversible harm to you or your baby.Always, before you start using any medicine or consult your doctor!
- Day 1. Every 2 hours, rinse eyes, remove the crust stick or cotton swab to soak in furatsilina solution or infusion of chamomile.For each eye - new tampon not to transfer infection from one eye to another.
- rest of the week.Flush eyes 2-3 times a day.Bury disinfectant drops every 2 hours.Infants prescribed 10% sulfacetamide solution older children - 20%, 0.25% solution Eubital, chloramphenicol, kolbiotsin, Futsitalmik, Vitabakt.Further reduce the number of instillation up to 3-4 times a day until the conjunctivitis symptoms are completely gone.
Treat 2 eyes directly, as the infection can affect eye health and story will last a long time.Never use a blindfold - where bacteria spread even faster.
To prevent conjunctivitis, rules of personal hygiene, and teach your children to follow them as well.If you experience allergic conjunctivitis, keep a healthy lifestyle, avoid contact with allergens, if there is a reaction to bloom, for example, drink at this time of year, those drugs that are prescribed by a doctor to you.