What is a verb ?
At school, every child is studying Russian language.What is a verb - it is one of the topics that you need to learn in elementary school.The verb is an independent part of speech, denoting an action or state.Ask the following questions: what to do?what to do?what is he doing?that do?what will I do?What did you do?and others.This action (run), the state (lie, sad), attitude (to have, to belong).That is what the verb.
- form (imperfect and perfect);
- bail.Compare: corrector corrects errors (active voice) - corrected error corrector (passive voice, it also indicates the postfix-Xia);
- repayment (reflexive verbs in present postfix-Xia, -s): dress up, dress.Thus, the verbs are returnable and non-refundable;
- time (past, present, future);
- person (verb must be present or the future tense, indicative mood).Also, the category of persons are imperative form: write, write dictation, but the darkness shall be hidden;
- number (singular, plural);
- race (in the subjunctive mood, and in the form of the past tense): male, female, middle.
- Indicative Mood: dream, dreamed, dreaming will.
- subjunctive: I would choose not done b.
- imperative: do not wake, let us read, let's go, go-ka.
- imperfect form (what to do which makes what he did???): Drawing, painting, drawing.
- perfect form (that do make it do that???): Paint, draw, painted.
Some verbs do not have a pair of perfect and imperfect forms of the form:
- belong (only an imperfect view);
- find himself, break out (only the perfect look).
Sometimes the verbs combined value of both species.It dvuvidovye verbs (hurt, promise enjoin).
transitive and intransitive verbs
necessary to understand what a transitive verb.This verb is combined with a noun, pronoun or numeral without a preposition in the accusative case.
In addition transitive verbs can stand without excuse in the genitive:
- negative particle "not" in front of transitive verb: do not buy bread, do not drink milk;
- if the action goes only part of the subject: drinking water (all the liquid, referred to in the context) - drinking water (not all, but part of the liquid).
All other verbs that do not meet these requirements.They are intransitive.Example: deal with (what?) Sports, refuse (from what?) Of money.
And now that a form of the verb:
- undefined (initial form, the infinitive): what to do?what to do?Examples: to read, to count, to decide to speak.
- conjugated form (verb varies in individuals days, moods, numbers, pledges).Irregular sign is born.Verbs have a kind of singular past indicative and conditional mood.
- participles and gerunds.
conjugate verbs present and future prime time for person and number.There I and II conjugation, including exceptions.How to define and write a corresponding conjugation ending prompt the tables and notes.
Here are brief enough about how Russian language defines what a verb, its categories and forms.