How to overclock the AMD Athlon?
Watch the video
As you know, the computer's performance depends on the parameters of its components and their co-operation.However, to choose a good "part of" a little PC, you must also be able to configure these elements in such a way as to maximize the realization of your computer.That's why a function such as CPU overclocking, many users are interested in today.In this article we will talk about how to overclock the processor AMD Athlon.
How to overclock Athlon
Obviously, even the coolest PC model you select, some time will become more powerful competitors in the face of computer innovations.Some people in these situations are beginning to think about the purchase of a new PC, the other - on upgrading your computer.However, there is another way, which does not require a financial outlay - overclocking, which makes it possible to improve the performance of its components.
Processors AMD Athlon have a large technological reserve, which allows you to increase productivity by means of dispersal is usually by increasing the frequency of its tires.Overclocking is carried out both with the help of special programs (in this case is most often used AMD OverDrive or PowerTweak2), and through the BIOS.The latter option is often used specialists, because they believe it safer for your computer.
How to overclock AMD Athlon in the BIOS
We will look at the instructions overclocking through the BIOS for the processor AMD Athlon II X2 245. To get to the BIOS by pressing the Delete key at boot time before the operating system boots.
- need to find the "Advanced" section of the menu bar.
- Its subsections are basic settings that are required for acceleration.Here you need to select the section "JumperFree Configuration", which will be amended:
- Subsection "Al Tuning" from "Auto" should be changed to "Manual", to be able to set the desired parameters manually.
- "CPU Frequency" - frequency of the processor system bus, which should be increased.Therefore, the status of the "Auto" to change it to a value of 260 MHz.
- "PCIEX16_1 Clock" (operating frequency for the first PCI Express 16x slot) from "Auto" is put on the frequency of 160 MHz.
- "PCIEX16_2 Clock" (operating frequency for the second slot PCI Express 16x) and from "Auto" was changed to 160 MHz.
- "CPU Voltage" - voltage processor core mode "Auto" is changed to 1.5000 v.
- "CPU Multiplier" - is the ratio of the frequency of the processor to the frequency of its system bus.Status "Auto" here it is necessary to replace the last value - 14.5h.
- After all the changes in the BIOS manipulation need to save and reboot the computer.
Keep in mind that different versions of the BIOS setup may differ in names, but their essence remains the same."CPU Frequency" or the frequency of the system bus - a basic value that changed when overclocking.So in some cases you can only manage a change of this parameter.But it is recommended to start with minimal changes, save them and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.Remember that overclocking procedure, especially if you are an inexperienced user, you may cause serious problems for your computer.
On the methods of dispersal to other processors, read our articles:
- How to overclock the CPU through
- BIOS How to overclock the processor