In various dictionaries (Ushakov, Ozhegova, Ephraim), the concept of "what is the size" is defined rather many meanings.Meaning of the word implies the following.
- value of something in one or in all dimensions.For example, the size of the range - 20 cm or -. Mount huge.Dimensions of land.The dimensions of the human body.
- Quantity (amount) of a sum of money, fees, fines, penalties.For example, salaries.Or the size of fines.
- relative magnitude or scale.For example, the plan of the city of one hundred meters of one centimeter.
- Merck (measure) of a product, its value or number.For example, shoe size, clothes size suit size.For more information about how to determine your shoe size, read our article How to determine the size of the shoe.
- also the word size could mean degree of coverage, the amount of any phenomenon.For example, waves in the storm reached unprecedented proportions.The fires in the summer in the woods bring huge losses to forestry.
- number and arrangement of syllables in the poems, a certain alternation of stressed and unstressed, short and long syllables, melody and sound system, the meter of the poem.For example, iambic or trochaic.
- number and location of units in a musical rhythm cycle that creates a rhythmic structure, through to musical works.
- in metrology - a quantitative determination of the physical object.There is also the concept of "angular resolution," which determines the magnitude of the observed angle lying between two different points of the object depends not only on the size and shape of the object but also on the distance between the observer and the object.
Thus, we see that the concept of what is the size of a very, very unique.Of course, there are the basic meaning of the word "size", and there are minor, less used in the Russian language.By the most widely used are the musical and poetic dimensions.To learn how to correctly determine the size of the poem, read our article How to determine the size of the poem.