What are amino acids ?
Amino acids are called structural chemical units that make up proteins.For easier understanding of what amino acids, should "consider" inside any organism.
Because protein is a living organism.Each of the processes occurring in the living body, attended various forms of proteins.Thus, the human body is formed from proteins ligaments, tendons, muscle, hair, nails and all organs and glands.In addition, the proteins included in the bone and liquids.Adjusting and catalyzing all processes in the body enzymes and hormones, they are also proteins.
If the body of protein deficiency is observed, it can lead to swelling that is caused by violation of water balance.Each protein in the body there for a specific purpose and is unique, they are not interchangeable.In the body, the proteins are synthesized from amino acids which in turn are formed due to cleavage of proteins present in various food products.Therefore, it is most valuable amino acids are nutrients rather than the proteins themselves.
What are amino acids our body?In addition, they produce proteins that make up the tissues and organs of the human body, some of the amino acids act as neurotransmitters.Neurotransmitters - chemicals that transmit nerve impulses between nerve cells.Thus, some of the amino acids required for normal brain function.
to adequately carry out its functions in minerals and vitamins, amino acids are also needed.Some amino acids provide power muscle tissue.
Essential and nonessential amino acids
Many amino acids are synthesized in the body in the liver.This process occurs continuously.Where only one essential amino acid is absent, it stops the formation of proteins.This leads to various serious violations.So
distinguish essential and nonessential amino acids.
Essential amino acids
The most important essential amino acids are:
- Valine.This is one of the main components involved in the synthesis and growth of body tissues.The main source of valine - animal products.Thanks to valine in the body is reduced sensitivity to cold, heat and pain.
- histidine.Thanks to him, the process is carried out in tissue repair and growth.Large quantities of this amino acid is contained in the hemoglobin.With a lack of histidine may be hearing impaired.
- isoleucine.Ingested with meat, fish, poultry, eggs and dairy products.
- Lysine.Excellent sources of this amino acid - fish and cheese.These amino acids provide the body with proper absorption of calcium, has been actively involved in the production of antibodies, enzymes and hormones, and also participates in the formation of collagen.
- Methionine.His sources are nuts, grains and cereals.Methionine is critical in the metabolism of proteins and fats.it also helps to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, reduces liver fat, lecithin increases the production, protect the kidneys.
essential amino acids
essential amino acids differ in that they can not be synthesized in the human body, so must in large quantities ingested with food.Here are some of the most important essential amino acids:
- Glycine.It delivers oxygen, the formation of new cells, as well as an active participant in the production of hormones, which are responsible for strengthening the immune system.
- Alanine.It is an important supplier of energy for the brain, muscles and central nervous system.
- Proline.It is necessary for the proper functioning of joints and ligaments, as well as to strengthen and maintain the health of the heart muscle.
role of amino acids for normal functioning of the whole body is very great.Nowadays, one can obtain essential amino acids as dietary supplements.Also, their use is extremely important during reduction diets and various diseases.Such additives are needed and vegetarians taking them, the body will be able to receive all necessary substances are not found in plant foods.Also, efforts should be made to diversify the diet, the more varied the food you eat, the more necessary materials will be available to your body.