How to get the carbon ?
Under means a chemical element carbon, non-metallic properties.It is denoted by the letter C and is considered to be a chemical element of the fourth group of the second period in the periodic system.Its serial number 6, and the atomic weight of 12.0107.Today there are several types of modifications of carbon.Diamond and graphite are carbon, while they differ in the structure of the crystalline lattice.There are also a fullerene, carbine and less known lonsdalite, which has been found in meteorites that have fallen to the ground.In a very large amount of carbon as is contained in fossil fuels, which are used as fuel.Also, carbon electrodes made from it for industrial furnaces, etc.
Industrial carbon manufacturing processes
There now are four of the most common methods for producing carbon black.They are based on thermo-oxidative decomposition of gaseous and liquid hydrocarbons.However, depending on the raw materials used, are distinguished: a furnace, a tube, a channel, and thermal methods.Furthermore, there are several ways of industrial processes in which carbon can also be prepared.
excellent method of producing carbon in the home is considered manufacturing using carbon sugar compound.For this experiment, you will need to concentrate sulfuric acid, gloves, sugar, water and sulfuric acid.
- Before you get carbon, we must take a glass flask.
- Then sprinkle a little sugar in it.
- After that, pour the water into the same flask.The amount of water should be two centimeters higher than sugar.
- Then you should be very careful, because you will be dealing with sulfuric acid.Take
- concentrated sulfuric acid, then cautiously add it in small droplets into the same flask with sugar.After some time, pure carbon is formed in the flask.
There is also another way of using rubber:
- Take the metal container, which additionally has plotnozakryvayuschuyusya lid and the vapor tube.
- Then soak in this capacity a piece of rubber.
- Then you need to put the container on the gas burner.
- end of the vapor tube will need to drop into the jar.During heating, without air, tires will not burn, it will decompose, and the vapor of the tube will come out gases (methane, liquid hydrocarbons).
- After a while, you have at the bottom of the container must remain carbon.The formula of the compound will contain a large amount of C, that is carbon.
A simpler way is considered to obtain carbon monoxide.Note that before you get a carbon monoxide need to have a simple ethylene.At its combustion (C2H4 + 3O2 = 2CO2 + 2H2O), you get carbon monoxide and water.
Note: When working with acid you should take precautions (wearing gloves and goggles).During thermal decomposition of rubber this experiment should be conducted only outdoors or in a ventilated room.