What is a rainbow ?
All of us have had to see such an amazing and fascinating natural phenomenon - the rainbow.As a huge seven-colored arc appears as it arises, due to what in heaven?Let us consider the essence of the rainbow as the ambient and natural phenomena.
What is the rainbow as a natural phenomenon?
Rainbow - one of the most beautiful natural phenomena, which is usually observed after the rain.Rainbow is visible after the rain, because the sun shines a lot of water drops in the atmospheric layer of the Earth.The shape of a rainbow is a semicircle or arc composed of the seven colors of the spectrum - multicolored stripes.The higher point of observation of the rainbow, so it is fuller and richer: for example, the height of the aircraft, even a full circle can be seen, which describes the rainbow.There is a natural law: when you see a rainbow arc, the sun is always located behind your back.
How and why there is a rainbow?
Rainbow - is primarily a natural phenomenon, which is based on the interaction of light and water.Sunlight is refracted and reflected by water droplets that float in the atmosphere.Drops in different ways reflect or deflect light from itself.The observer, who stands with his back to the sun (light source), sees a colorful glow.This is nothing but a white light is decomposed into a spectrum of seven colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.But it should be noted that the rainbow, as in many physical phenomena, there is a feature: seven colors - nothing more than an optical illusion, but in fact the spectrum is continuous, and its color smoothly into each other through many intermediate shades.
colors of the rainbow
Colours of the rainbow is familiar almost every nursery rhymes through "Every hunter wants to know where sits Pheasant".To talk about the seven spectral colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, blue and purple.However, the amount of perceived eye color also depends on the culture of a particular nation and era.Let's look at how different people see rainbow colors.
- For the Russian people the rainbow - an arc of seven colors.
- For the British and Americans rainbow - a six-color, because blue and blue in English - the same color.
- In Australian Aboriginal rainbow correlated with six symbolic snakes.
- Some African tribes distinguish only two colors of the rainbow, or rather, shades - light and dark.
- great Greek philosopher Aristotle singled out only the three primary colors: red, purple and green, and combinations thereof, in his opinion, given the other colors.
Also you may be interested in the following articles:
- How many colors in the rainbow
- Why rainbow colored
- How does a rainbow