What do you call a butterfly ?
Butterflies - it is truly amazing creatures.On our planet, there are over 240,000 species of these insects.Their lives are in most cases quite transient and can range from several minutes to several months.Despite the fact that they devoted so little time, butterflies time to perform with interest inherent in their genes the program and please us with its stunning views.
there are not only numerous, but also numerically small species of butterflies, which are listed in the Red Book.It should be noted that as there is a "black list" with the data types of insects that are harmful to mankind.Among them are the mole, cabbage etc.Please note that all species of butterflies are very important to the ecosystem of our planet and play a big role in it.Their larvae are food for many species of animals, and themselves butterflies feed on pollen and pollinating the plants along the way.As
called butterfly has an incredible ability?
Many butterflies in the process of evolution had time to get a unique look, protective properties and other rare ability.Consider the most unique species of butterflies with photos and pictures:
- Setina aurita (or Yellow alpine lithosiini) - lives at an altitude of 3.7 km, in the alpine highlands.She was able to adapt to the small volume of food due to the low amount of vegetation, and its larvae feed on lichens.In addition, her abdomen is a unique "machine" that allows you to make a sound similar to the ticking of the clock.
- Gonepteryx rhamni (or Limonnitsa) - a beautiful name butterflies have in his body a special fluid that allows them to survive in temperatures below -20 ° C.Furthermore, this is the butterfly-lived throughout the Eurasian its life expectancy may be up to one year.Limonnitsa able to climb to a height of 2000 meters and to fly long distances.To save energy throughout their lives, she periodically falls into a state of torpor for a few weeks.
- Attacus atlas (or simply Atlas) - moth, which lives on the territory of South-East Asia.It has a unique pattern and shape of the wings, through which the birds perceive it for the snake's head and not run the risk of attack.Butterfly itself is large enough, the magnitude of its wings is 30 cm, and their area - about 400 square centimeters.
- Argema mittrei (or Saturnia Madagascar) - Madagascan moth, which is the longest in the world.It has a forked "tail", which reaches a length of 14 centimeters.Her wings are palm-size painted in bright yellow and covered with thin hairs.Butterfly Photo titled Argema mittrei - is the dream of every lover of nature.
- Cynthia cardui (Painted Lady or simply) - travel distance of over 5000 km.In the autumn, in contrast to their counterparts do not hibernate, but flies in warmer climes: Central Asia or North Africa.During the winter they breed, which spring back to the north.Some of them drifted even to the Arctic Circle.Painted Lady larvae are extremely useful, destroying weeds.Total travel butterflies of bright colors fade and become gray.
- Sesia apiformis (or Steklyannitsa large poplar) - excellent masquerades as a poisonous insect.Its color and appearance of the body with something like a wasp, this insect lives throughout Europe, in the Crimea, the Caucasus and North America.Predators take Steklyannitsu inedible for insects and do not touch it.
- Caligo memnon (or just Banannitsa) - it reaches a size of 17 centimeters, and its wings have wheels, visually resembling owl eyes.Because of this, it discourages predators and calmly fed fermented juice of rotting bananas.During the day she slept on the trunks of trees, masking under the bark.
- Micropterix osthelderi (or Melkokryl) - it is represented worldwide in more than 100 species and belongs to the family of toothed moles.They have evolved over millions of years.With a wingspan of 8 mm Melkokryl has no proboscis and forced to chew pollen from assistance from developed mandibles, which are the first pair of jaws.It is unlikely that anyone will need long to find pictures of butterflies with names of the species, because their relatives can be found in every third cabinet.