How to become an author ?
In order to conduct a heading and write articles, you must know the basics of journalism.To write a more serious works, such as books, need a writer's experience and imagination.How to become an author - the theme of this article.
habit of reading
To be a good writer, you need to have a broad outlook, as well as the ability to express their thoughts on paper.In this difficult case will help ordinary reading: reading books, pay daily two o'clock your time.
Think, what genre would you like to work and start reading books on selected topics.
This habit will help you to select the new ideas, and to learn about common clichés, which are often used for writing text.
After reading another book think that you have it hooked.And then think about what you can hook your reader.
If you have seriously decided to become a real author, the special education will not be superfluous.
Besides that you will be able to learn how to write the right texts, you will also get to know a lot of people, which may be useful in the future, learn from the experience and knowledge of others.The advantage of an educational institution is the fact that you can get feedback on your work from teachers and classmates.
Faculty of Philology and Journalism is practically at every university.One of the best is the journalism faculty of Moscow State Mining University Sholokhov Moscow State Institute of International Journalism Faculty, Institute of Literature named after Maxim Gorky.
If you are not willing to learn, you still need to be concerned about the opinion of the first readers, for example, to look through the draft of friends or relatives.
If you want to become a writer of articles for the common Internet portal, then special education is not necessary.
How to write a work
As we said above, the first step is to define the genre (fiction, fantasy, horror, romance, and so on. D.)
Next, think of the basic idea for the book.The idea is to vary with originality, to inspire the reader.Come up with a simple idea and develop it in the course of history, introducing new characters and action.
If you want to sell your book, it is not superfluous to conduct monitoring of the book market: study books that have sold well and success.
Once you come up with the basic idea, it is necessary to prescribe the basis for the book:
- Think protagonist (shall describe the appearance, character, habits, etc...);
- Following the same parameters, create anti-hero;
- If possible, list the all the actors;
- Give the names of the characters;
- shall describe in more detail the storyline;
- Describe the area where the event will take place;
- Decide on what the person will go to the story (1 - I / We, the 2nd - you / you, 3rd - he / she / it / they).
Further, following the written plan, write a rough version of the book and give a reliable reading to friends and family for feedback.You can also turn to experts for evaluation and advice.
Once completed the text, you need more time to read your work and make the necessary changes.It is best to read the work aloud.
check the text for spelling, punctuation, stylistic and grammatical errors.
Ready text is necessary to issue the rules.Read more in the article How to make the manuscript to the publisher.
further required to determine the views of the publication:
- Publish a book can be through a literary agent who will take charge of all the responsibilities of publishing the works themselves;
- can send the product to a few publishers own and wait for a response;
- Publish a book at his own expense (self-publishing).In this case, you can pay a publisher to publish your work or send the book to the press, to take care of distribution channels.
Read the article How to become a writer.