How to connect a video recorder ?
Watch the video
tense situation on the roads today requires many motorists have in your car DVRsince there is nothing that insures the driver from all sorts of problems in a variety of incidents, both taped confirm the legality of his actions.Despite the fact that the market value of the technical products are not available at all (the average price - 100-150 USD), it will save a lot of time, nerves and money, and to ensure a quiet ride - it is not the amount, whichitself is prejudice.In addition, they were used not only in cars but also in offices and storage areas, as this is a great opportunity to save material resources and ensure quick and easy installation without attracting with special agencies.
For those who decide to get this device, but does not know how to install it, the manual will detail how to connect a video recorder in the car, on the computer and to the Internet.
Full HD in
most popular car brands, issuing DVRs are:
It is advisable to buy the recorders with a resolution of Full HD, since the image quality is quite different when compared with conventional models.If you have any difficulties with the purchase of your device, read the article on our site How to use DVR.
Connect the DVR to the machine in two ways: aesthetically pleasing and not aesthetically pleasing.In the first case, all wires are neatly hidden under the casing of the car, in the second - they will obstruct the driver's vision, making it difficult to assess the traffic situation.
So, aesthetic method:
- DVR advisable to attach behind the rearview mirror, as in this case, it will not turn a blind review.You can use the suction cup, mounted with double-sided tape or a special bracket.The last option allows you to change the status of the DVR by sending in case of need it in the right direction (for example, on the left side of the windshield, if you deal with the traffic police inspector walking distance from the car by the driver's seat);
- Fasten the DVR to the windshield, inserted into the appropriate connector on the body of the device USB-cable and do hide the wires behind paneling.This requires to drive a wire into the gap between the inner roof lining and sun visors, paving his way to the side plates between the windscreen and the glass of the passenger.There is usually also a gap that allows to have a wire seal for side window, dangling him in the glove compartment.From this point you have two choices: keep the power supply in the glove compartment, using specially purchased adapter, or if the vehicle allows the design to stretch it further to the side panel;
- In the event that the slots for the wires do not, you can take advantage of special small mounts on the double-sided tape that will allow you to quietly hold the device wire under the glove compartment (this advice will work on any other segment, but in this case you will not be able to make the wirequite inconspicuous);
- Plug the power adapter into the socket for the cigarette lighter.In modern cars DVR will turn on automatically when the ignition is on.The more cars you will have many years of extracting the power unit to prevent overheating during prolonged absence of chips.
Other practical tips for installing the device, you can read in the article How to install the DVR.
Connect the DVR to a PC
This procedure is quite simple.Complete with a video recorder has to go a special cable (patch cord), which is inserted into the connector network card.Also in the box, you will find a CD with software that must be installed on your computer.The installation procedure is quite simple and does not differ from the installation of any other software, but the main purpose of connecting the device to a PC - is the transfer of information in the network and enables remote access to the DVR.
Its camera online
Before you connect the DVR to the Internet, you must establish a connection to your static IP, otherwise you will not be able to connect because of the constantly changing addresses on the web.
- above described physically connect the device to the PC.Now you need to do configuration.Go to the main DVR menu and select "Settings - Network";
- The select IP Type pop-up menu - static prescribing address, subnet mask, gateway and dns (the manufacturer of the data points in the accompanying documentation);
- confirm the changes and go through the Desktop - Start - Control Panel - Network Management and Sharing Center / Network Connections (if you have Windows XP, you stop at this point) - Change adapter settings in the Ethernet label / Local Area Connection;
- Click on the icon, right-click - Properties - Internet Protocol (TCP \ IP).In the field "Use the following IP-address" box, and put in the window that opens, fill in the data is similar to paragraph 2, except for the last digit in the IP-address (it should be different);
- Go into your browser and you have to write in the search box IP-address of the DVR.In the window that opens, enter your credentials (username and password).If done correctly, the window interface program, which will be transferred to the picture with the included DVR will appear in front of you.
You can also use the setup through a special software that comes bundled with the DVR, but in this case you have to use not its own browser, and a special program that you install using the installation disc.