How to set up a satellite dish ?
Watch the video
Satellite antenna allows to receive television broadcasts transmitted by special communication satellites, which are located in low Earth orbit.The scope of this system includes a TV-tuner (receiver), and the converter directly, antenna, popularly called "plate".
To ensure that the work of the whole complex, it is important to properly install the antenna, adjust it to the reception of signals of certain satellites in the coverage area where you are, and also debug the receiver.How to do it correctly and what points to take into account, you will learn by reading this article.
How to install a satellite dish
satellites density of satellites, broadcasting on the territory of Eastern Europe and Siberia is quite high.Therefore it is becoming increasingly popular offset satellite antenna.Their main advantage - the technical ability to install multiple converters that are configured to receive signals from different satellites.For this purpose they are equipped with special DiSEqS switch which automatically switches the tuner to receive data from one converter to another, depending on what you are looking satellite.
satellites revolve in a geocentric orbit (around the Earth) and make one revolution in 24 hours.Thus, the satellites as if hovering over one of the points on the surface of the planet.For example:
- Sirius satellite is located - 5 degrees east longitude (5E);
- satellite Hot Bird - 13 degrees East (13E);
- Amos satellite - 4 degrees west longitude (4W).
Thus all of them are closer to the equator with respect to mid-latitudes, so the "saucer" -zerkala satellite antennas should be directed to the south.
Thus, if your home is east longitude, the antenna will need a converter located in an area 32 degrees (32E) directed approximately 28 degrees (32E-28E 5E =) south east (to the right of the compass) to receive Sirius satellite signal;19 (32E-13E = 19) and 36 (32E + 4W, because you need to consider 32 degrees to zero longitude and 4 thereafter) degrees to the east of the south, respectively, for the other two satellites.
This right side converter will take the Amos satellite signal, the central - Sirius, and the left - Hot Bird.
useful when installing the converters can compass - to determine the points of the compass.And of professional tools use Sat-Finder - a special device, showing the strength of the incoming signal.
On the choice of the most successful locations for "plates", read our article How to install the antenna.
- frame, which is equipped with a set of satellite antenna must be installed so that the protruding fixing pin located perpendicular to the horizontal surface, without deviating to the right or to the left.Screw the machine frame necessarily all provided mounting with anchor bolts or dowels.
- Replace the center bracket mirrors central antenna converter and Multifeed (special attachment to the side converters).First set multifeed left (when facing the "plate").To do this, attach a metal bar, fix its bolts, and then a metal pin with the converter bracket.On the pin, set the converter itself.
- Set right multifeed identical manner.Do not tighten the mounting of connectors too, since the exact angle of rotation of the converter is not calculated arithmetically, and you will have to configure them after installing the antenna.
- Connect DiSEqS switch with three pieces of wire.To the stripped ends of the wires are joined F-connectors.One end is connected to the converter, and the second - to the inputs of the switch.wire length depends on where you plan to mount the switch, usually takes about 1 meter cable.On the technical characteristics, requirements to the wire, read our article How to connect the plate.
- collected satellite dish set on a base frame (wall mount).Attach it with screws, but do not tighten completely to be able to turn the mirror side to side, up and down.
- Thus "plate" should be directed to the south.Connector also expand in the direction of the selected satellites (angle difference should not be greater than 10-15 degrees).
How to customize a satellite dish
Before you begin, you need to connect the receiver to a TV for installation of necessary parameters according to the instructions.You can then proceed to the alternate setting of each of converters of your antenna.
- first customizable central converter receiving signals from Sirius.To do this, connect a wire extending from the connector to the first input of the DiSEqC-switch.A switch output Receiver, connect the cable to the input of the tuner.
- Using the remote login to the main menu and select either "Antenna Installation" in the tab "Manual search" set the following parameters: frequency - 11,766 GHz, polarization "of H", the flow rate - 27500SR.
- Catch the satellite signal.Focus on Quality Score, turn the plate to the right or left, ensuring maximum signal value.Get the best quality indicators, converter lock into position.
- Select Auto Scan mode and check on that to configure your satellite antenna.If everything is correct, you will see a list of channels.
- Now carefully tighten all fasteners antenna as tuning into the Sirius, change the position of "dish" is no longer necessary.Tightening the bolts, make sure the signal, it is possible that he will deteriorate slightly due to changes in the position of the antenna.
- Unplug the converter from the central DiSEqC-switch.In "Manual search" change the antenna number.Connect to the input 1 side converter.
- Move converter on the holder the right, left, up, down, to catch the signal of the second satellite.When you receive a sufficiently strong signal, fix the converter in this position.
- Disconnect the cable from the switch and connect the last converter.Adjust it as second.
- Once you secure all three converters, connect them to the DiSEqC-switch as follows: Input 1 (A) - Hot Bird, input 2 (cool) - Sirius, input 3 (C) - Amos.
- the menu "Antenna Setup" set the number of antennas in accordance with the connections to the DiSEqC-switch.
- The "Auto Tuning" mode, check all the satellites set up broadcast channels.
to more understand the nuances of settings, watch the video, posted on this page.
work is finished, enjoy!