How to connect the IP camera ?
Watch the video
IP cameras are used to view real-time video over the Internet.Because not transmit analog IP cameras, and digital signal directly to the monitor, they use large resolution (up to Mn) and high transmission rate (60 fps).
Let's see how to connect the IP camera and what settings must be set to work correctly.
Installing and configuring IP cameras
IP camera connected to a computer using a regular Ethernet UTP-network cable.You only need to connect one end of the chamber, and the other - to the computer.It should be remembered that if there is a need to connect multiple IP cameras to the same computer, you have to use a router (router) for this purpose.
Guide for connecting IP cameras to the same network:
- By default, all IP cameras have pre-defined IP address.The first thing to do before you start - to know this address.The easiest way to do this using the manufacturer's drive, which comes bundled with the camera, or download the necessary software on the manufacturer's website;
- After that, we will need to change the IP address according to the settings of our Internet.
You can do this one of two ways:
- configure access through a browser;
- use the software manufacturer;
- use software from other manufacturers available on the web.
Let's consider in more detail how to connect the IP camera through the browser since the other two options do not represent the complexity of the connection.For example, consider the setting via the browser Internet Explorer:
- must configure the network security level to a low level by following the path of the "Tools - Internet Options - Security - Custom Level";
- expose all the settings tab elements ActiveX controls and plug-ins on "Allow" or "Offer";
- Install Active-X and enter the IP address of the camera, which we have mentioned above;
- Run the program, using the user name, password, and, if necessary, the port number specified in the instructions to the IP camera;
- Once authorized, you can watch the video and make further fine-tuning of the IP camera through the account.
As we have seen, set-up and connection of IP cameras should not cause difficulties for the average user.Problems can arise if the network has not your statistical and dynamic IP address.On the issue of assigning you a statistical (or in other words, external) IP, you should contact your Internet Service Provider.
For the convenience of handling IP cameras can also use a special software, for example: IP Camera Viewer or IVIDEON.These programs are designed to create an entire video surveillance, recording broadcasts, as well as provide the ability to connect to it via remote access, and not only through the desktop computer to which the device is connected directly.