As with any winter tires to choose?
Each driver in his own way solves the problem of how to choose the best tires for your vehicle.For more information about the types of tires you can learn from our article - How to choose a tire.It is important to remember that if you are irresponsible react to the choice of tire, it can cause a serious accident.To avoid this, always guided by the golden rules of purchase of winter tires.
Golden Rules buying rubber
- is not absolutely universal tires!Choosing the right winter tires should be used in certain operating conditions, and it's not just the temperature regime.
- It is worth remembering that whatever high-quality winter tire you choose, it will not give the possibility to preserve old style of winter.This means that in the winter the vehicle speed to be on average 20% less than in summer, and the distance should be twice the size.
addition to the above there are a number of important points that can not be neglected when choosing winter tires.
Key points when choosing a rubber
- choose only from authorized number of tire sizes under their wheels.
- We prefer reinforced sidewall.
- We select tires based on the weather conditions of the region.
- Take into account the quality of road surfaces.
- recommended to choose winter tires with studs for regions with mild winters and without thorns under severe snowy winters.
Next we will give specific advice and recommendations about the most famous brands of winter tires.
Recommendations for winter rubber stamps
As already noted, the weather conditions affect the choice of tires.So if you ride on the severe icy roads, then you should opt for a Finnish studded tires Nokian.In the conditions of southern soft slushy winter tire will be optimal Italian, French or Japanese producers (Pirelli, Michelin, Yokohama).If you wish to save money, you can buy budget tires tire brands like Dunlop, Hankook and Kumho.Perhaps it will wear out a little faster and more yield in terms of security.
And finally, let's understand the difference between winter tires from summer and why not use one set of tires throughout the year.
difference between winter and summer tires
At first glance it seems that the main difference from the summer of winter tires in the tread pattern.This is definitely the place to be.And more about the types of tread you can learn from our article - How to choose winter tires.But, anyway, the most important difference - this is a special chemical composition, which allows the material does not crack, does not harden and does not lose its quality at low temperatures.Therefore:
- At temperatures above + 5 ° C to use summer tires, as winter melts literally on the eyes and does not guarantee the stability of the car on the road.About what kind of summer tires is better, you can learn the material - What good tires;
- At temperatures below -5 ° C is recommended to use a special winter tire set as summer tires stiffens in such conditions;
- In between -5 ° C and + 10 ° C optimum use of all-season tires.
To choose the right winter tires, have to spend a certain amount of your time and take into account all the nuances!Some listen to promotional offers, find out the opinion of the other vendors, and others read the reviews on the Internet, there are even those who are looking for independent tests of various authoritative publications.And of course, there are owners, for which the main criterion is the price.In this case someone decides to buy the most expensive winter tires, relying on high quality, and the other will take the cheapest, trying to save.
So remember correctly choosing tires for your car, you can protect yourself from serious problems.If you have any further questions, you can read our article - What is the best winter tires.