How to choose a hood for the kitchen ?
Watch the video
Cooker hoods designed to clean the room from dirt, odors and steam, certainly accompanying the process of cooking.It is difficult to imagine the kitchen is not equipped with a hood, because this device makes life easier for housewives, but also prevents the spread of cooking odors throughout the apartment.This article will dedicate the question of how to choose the hood for the kitchen, but first focus on the kinds of extracts.
Types of hoods for the kitchen
Depending on the exhaust air cleaning method are:
- Flow.This option extracts captures the air and removes it from the premises in the ventilation system at home or on the street on the duct.Flow hoods can be both a coarse filter, which makes it easier to care for them, and without.
- Circulation.In this method, air is clean, has passed through the filtration system back into the room.In contrast, flow hoods, extractor hoods in circulating filter system uses coarse and fine cleaning.Such filters trap even the smallest particles of dirt.
If we talk about what is better to choose a hood, the exhaust flow more difficult to install.Usually they are installed in a new kitchen furniture or replacement.In this case, you need to put the plate with the hood as close as possible to the vent.After the duct bends reduce the efficiency of the device several times.Circulating hoods are the easiest to install, but the flow to improve air circulation in the room better by increasing traction in the ventilation system.
By design, drawing distinguished:
- Embedded.This hood will not have to pick a kitchen design, since their installation is carried out inside the kitchen cabinets or special decorative boxes.
- Suspended (flat).The easiest and most economical way to extract.Especially suitable for small kitchens.
- Dome (island, chimney, corner).The construction of this drawing is a dome shape, which allows to capture more air cleaning.
about the benefits of different types of hoods are also written in another article of our site: What are the best drawing.
Tips: How to choose a hood
To technique effectively trap odors, fumes and greasy fumes, you need to select the right hood for the kitchen.This will help you tips below.
drawing size should match or be larger than the surface of the plate.Width hoods for the kitchen has standard dimensions:. 50, 60 and 90 cm
Before purchasing a drawing for the kitchen it is necessary to determine the capacity of the hood, suitable for your kitchen.Health Standards kitchen air per hour must be replaced at least 10 times.Thus, you need a drawing power, equal to the volume of your kitchen multiplied by 10. Low-power model extracts purified per hour 200-300 m ³.If you smoke in your kitchen, the choice is to stop a powerful extract (up to 1000 m ³ / h).
circulation hoods produce more noise, but the noise level with the hood in the 35-45 dB will not cause too much trouble.If the kitchen is small-sized, the hood with a large noise level may bring additional inconvenience.
Expensive models are equipped with displays, and even remote controls, it facilitates care ventilation, because the buttons are often fat accumulates dust.Hoods are from 2 to 5 working levels.The best will extractor, equipped with three or more levels of work.In addition, extracts and different way to switch between modes: smooth or stepped.
When you select should pay attention to what is circulating hoods require fairly frequent filter replacement.Some models are equipped with filters occupancy sensors that simplify the tracking of efficiency of extraction.
Additional features extracts
- Most hoods are equipped with additional lighting, the brightness of which is mainly dependent on the number and wattage.This feature is useful when the light source is located in the kitchen behind the person using the stove.
- timer that allows you to adjust the hood to automatically turn on and off at regular intervals.Or remaining play function that provides work extraction for 10 minutes after completion of the primary air purification cycle.
- intensive operation with a subsequent transition to the normal mode.This function is very useful in heavy air pollution for faster cleaning.
- sensors clean air in a room to automatically change the power hood operation.
- Sensors of RCDs help protect equipment from damage in case of failures in the power supply or with prolonged use.
In choosing a hood for the kitchen you will also help other article of our site: What to choose hood.