How to pass inspection ?
Every year more than 20 million vehicles are inspected in Russia. In this article we will tell you how to pass a vehicle inspection, which documents are needed, where and in what time period it is necessary to pass a technical inspection and some innovations.
Where and how to pass the inspection
Until recently, technical inspection of vehicles was carried out only in the departments of the traffic police. It was necessary to appear in the department, which is in the place of your permanent or temporary registration. However, since 2011 the rules have changed a little, and now you can pass a technical inspection in private technical centers. Here are some recommendations on how to pass the technical inspection:
- It is compulsory before passing the technical inspection that you collect all the penalties and receipts that you have, because they must be paid for in order to pass the maintenance. Payment can be made directly at the service station.
- The address of registration in the certificate of registration must necessarily coincide with the address in the passport.
- In the trunk there must be a fire extinguisher( only not very old!), An emergency sign and a first-aid kit with you.
- Before THAT it is necessary to check whether the oil leaks, the brake fluid, whether the hoses are in good condition, as well as the work of the passing and driving headlights and the light of the turn signals.
Now that you will be sure to check:
- The total steering backlash.
- Emission of CO.
- Middle and high beam, stop lamp, turn signals, side lights, fog lights.
- Washers, front and rear wipers.
- Hand brake and brake forces of the rear and front axles.
Documents for passing TO
First, let's say that you only need to fill in documents with a ballpoint pen without strikethroughs and notices. Now let's present the list of necessary documents.
- Driving license.
- Identity card. Most often this is a Russian passport or a temporary certificate issued in the event of the loss of a passport. If you are not a Russian citizen, you need to submit a residence permit or a national passport.
- Certificate of registration of vehicle( vehicle).
- Technical passport, technical certificate and document that confirms the right to own or use the vehicle.
- Receipt for payment of state duty for automobile tax and issue of coupon.
Some categories of citizens are exempt from payment of state duty. These are:
- heroes of Russia and the Soviet Union
- knights of the Order of Glory of 3 degrees.
If necessary, the driver will also need to show an agreement with the advertiser if any advertising is placed on the vehicle. Medical certificate from 2011 is not a mandatory document for passing the inspection. The policy of compulsory motor TPL insurance in 2011 is issued when there is a document on the passage of the TRP( state technical inspection).
How long can I go without passing the
? Before, since registration of the vehicle in the traffic police, it was possible to travel without passing a technical inspection within 30 days. In case you did not pass the inspection on time, you had the right to fine the traffic police, and your vehicle could deny license plates and even put a ban on the operation of the vehicle and send it to the penalty area. However, under the new rules adopted in 2012, you no longer have to present to the traffic police a ticket for the passage of the TO, but nevertheless, without passing the inspection, you will not be issued some important documents, so you still have to pass it.
The cost of maintenance and other nuances
State duty for passing the inspection is in 2012 720 rubles. After payment, you can with all documents appear at any point, suitable for passing the maintenance, where within the required 30 minutes you can go through this procedure.
The question often arises as to whether it is possible to pass a vehicle inspection by proxy. We answer: yes, you can. Passage of the TO by proxy is possible in the event that there are no remarks to the technical state of the vehicle. At the same time, it is sufficient to have a power of attorney in handwritten form to pass a TO, a notarized document is not required.
Now a few words about the passage of maintenance for cars with tinting. Despite the fact that the law permits the transmission of light up to 75% for the windshield and up to 70% for the side windows, passing the TO with toning in our country is a complicated and very expensive thing, so decide for yourself.
How often to pass a technical inspection
Here everything is simple. Passenger cars under the age of 3 years pass TO when buying, age from 3 to 7 years - every two years, with the age of more than 7 years - annually. Also every year there are technical inspections of the vehicle with special signals, training vehicles, trucks and trailers. Once every six months you need to carry out the passage for taxis, buses and cars carrying a special cargo. But motorcycles need to go through only once - when buying.
How to pass the technical inspection of 2012 - innovations
Recently, new rules have been adopted, greatly simplifying the passage of maintenance. As you already know, now you can pass the inspection in any convenient place, regardless of registration. The policy of OSAGO is issued only if there is a ticket for the passage of the TRP, the latter being valid for more than six months, otherwise the OSAGO policy will not be given to you. And, finally, the ticket for the TRP now will not have to be presented to the traffic police.