How to use the steamer ?
Steamer is considered to be a special device for cooking with steam.It is believed that the method of cooking for a couple of invented Chinese who have adopted this way of the Arabs and Berbers.Rice as a staple food of Southeast Asia has long been prepared for a couple, along with fish and meat.In Europe and Russia steaming food was not popular until the mid XX century, when was invented steam pan with a special insert.It became the prototype of the modern electric steamer, when in the early 1990s, Asian cuisine has been widely spread around the world.Currently, there are different kinds of steamers.Steamers with mechanical control have a timer, set the time of cooking, and electronics to help select a different power modes of steam, for cooking meat program, vegetables, fish, as well as control of the water level.
How to use the steamer?The principle of operation is as follows steamers: due to intense heat and release water vapor, steam treatment products are obtained as long as there are no ready-to-eat.If you think you do not learn how to use a pressure cooker, do not worry: Steamer is very easy to prepare meals.It is safe, compact, versatile (it can even sterilize baby bottles), can automatically turn off and prepare food in a delay mode.It is with the help of a double boiler, you can prepare healthy meals without the addition of oil, fat and salt, without constant stirring, burning and drying.In addition, it is easy to wash, because the food is steamed, does not stick to the walls.
So you want to learn how to use the steamer.Let's look at a step by step use of steamers at home:
- Be sure to keep all safety measures:
- do not use a double boiler in the oven or a hot stove, and near heat sources;
- not put in place a steamer available water splashes and is easily damaged by water vapor, as well as on the edge of the table;
- not install a double boiler on the stove;
- not let cord hang over;
- voltage on the double boiler must match the voltage in the house;
- not use steamer with visible injuries;
- steamers do not touch with bare hands during its operation;
- when cleaning do not immerse the steamer into the water;
- to avoid the formation of scale, use filtered water;
- remove the steamer only after complete cooling.
- before using the steamer be sure to do the following:
- put the steamer on a flat surface, placing the turbo ring around the heating element;
- pour water in a special tank to the desired level (a full tank is enough for 50 minutes of cooking);
- strengthen the capacity to collect the juice and the desired tray in the steamer basket;
- secure removable handle, necessary for removal of the food in the tray;
- put the right products in the shopping cart (or more baskets) and close the lid.
- cooking in a double boiler:
- turn the steamer and select the desired time interval;
- constantly watch indicator of cooking;
- add water through the water filling hole, if necessary (if any);
- empty the juice collector in its filling;
- at the end of cooking steamer turn itself off, beeps and extinguishing the light;
- remove the cover, take out the basket and turn off the device from the network;
- rinse and dry all removable parts of the steamer.
If you do not know how to use a steamer, a video posted on the link below, you can certainly help - www.video.yandex.ru.
Tips for cooking in a double boiler
- Never cook in a double boiler pasta, beans, peas and mushrooms.Firstly, you torment during cooking with the addition of water, and secondly, you do not get the necessary preparedness dishes.
- In the bottom part of the steamer fold the food to cook which takes more time, and the top - the food on cooking which takes less time.
- In the center of the steamer food is prepared slowly, so large pieces put on the edges of the basket.
- If you do not want to eat vegetables with the taste of fish or meat, then place the products as follows: meat and fish (bottom), vegetables (middle part), rice and eggs (the upper part).
- Each quality is necessarily a double boiler instruction, so study it well in advance.