What radiators better?
from heating our homes depends very much - and our performance, and our health, and our mood.Everyone knows that when the house is cold, do something does not want.Therefore, for such a responsible decision as buying a radiator, you need to come fully prepared.In our time in front of an ordinary person at any time can get the problem of replacement or purchase (with the subsequent installation) radiators in your own apartment or private house.How to solve everyday task which radiators better?
Selection Criteria radiators:
What you need to know when buying a heating radiator, and any selection criteria for this product exist?Everyone who wants to have a warm room in your home, should take into account:
- reliability, safety and durability of the radiator (long life, to eliminate the risk of flooding the neighbors);
- ability to heat the room (there are special methods for calculating the space heating for different types of heat exchangers);
- cost radiators (it all depends on the financial possibilities of the person).
So, you face the challenge to find the right radiator for your home.Where do you start?
Cast and bimetal radiators
Even in Soviet times in new steel convectors installed.Residents who populate apartments, the vast majority of them were replaced on the iron.Nowadays radiators also replaced, and usually on the bimetal.So what better radiators - bimetal or cast iron?
- Cast iron radiators.This type of radiator, until recently, was an overwhelming percentage of the proposed domestic consumers radiators ( "accordion" model MC-140, popularly called).Everyone knows that the cast iron has good thermal conductivity and thus it is neutral for almost all coolants, so in our Russian conditions it is cast iron radiators are very popular.This is a very powerful device - the weight of one section without water is more than 7 kg, but cast iron radiators quietly endure all the pressure drops, poor quality coolant and serve more than 50 years.They are well heated and the lower and upper zone of the room, are inexpensive, and are now available in models that differ in design from the Soviet "bellows".
- Bimetallic radiators.It radiators of the new generation - they have less weight and at the same time a higher heat transfer coefficient than cast iron.It is this device of two materials - inside are steel (copper) pipe, which put on top of the aluminum housing.Also plays an important role paint which covers the radiator - is a white enamel, which is completely black infrared range.These radiators can withstand prolonged high pressure load, and resistant to shocks.Now these radiators have received the most widespread, despite their high cost.
If cast iron radiators and bimetal prominently on the radiator market, there are other less common.What are good radiators can recommend to our readers?
- aluminum radiators.They are relatively easy and stylish have high emissivity, but in contrast to the bimetal (which by the way they look very similar), these hot water radiators in direct contact with aluminum.That is why the use of such radiators in central heating systems is limited - it is better to install them in private homes with their heating system.One of the advantages of aluminum radiators is possible to select sections used both in length and height.It helps to choose the radiator packaging depending on the characteristics of the room in which it is installed.And of course the cost of these heaters is much lower than that of iron and bimetallic.
- Panel radiators.This type of radiator is increasingly common overseas.Panel radiators have a greater heat transfer area, and at the same time they have the lowest convective component method of space heating.Of course, these radiators are comfortable for health, but in the conditions of Russian heating systems, which are mainly used high pressure and temperature, they are not very applicable.
- heating convectors.The most primitive option - a pipe with a large number of thin plates made of iron or steel.Now in the market there are many different models of convectors design execution up to the baseboard and floor convectors.These radiators are usually small in size and low cost, but have poor heat transfer.