How to breastfeed ?
Watch the video
Breastfeeding provides the infant obtaining all necessary for him vitamins, trace elements and forms a good immunity.Therefore, this type of food for kids is much more preferable than the artificial feeding mixtures, no matter how expensive, high-quality, brand they were.About how to properly feed the baby, what time and how often, read our article.
It is easy to learn how to breastfeed.However, you need to know some important nuances.
How to put baby to breast
- kid usually instinctively opened her mouth as soon as he brings to the chest.If all of a sudden he did not, you can manually send it in her mouth nipple - he just take him.
- child should take in the mouth not only the nipple and surrounding areola.The lower lip should grab a little as the chest just below the nipple portion.Scarce tongue presses on the areola and nipple, squeezing so milk.
- During feeding mouth, chin and nose firmly against your chest.Do not be afraid that the baby will suffocate.If it suddenly becomes uncomfortable, he is sure to tell you about it.
- During feeding head and back it is necessary to hold the newborn.The most convenient way to keep the crumbs on the elbow.
- After feeding, the nipple must be dry - just a couple of minutes, do not hide the chest.
- Feed in a quiet, darkened, quiet place.
How long feed
answer to this question will give you the child.The kid will eat as long as he is hungry.Then he just turn away from the chest.
And all the kids are unique.Some eat a lot and intensively - time to eat just 10-15 minutes.Other kids are lazy suck the mother's breast and eat for a long time, slowly.The process may even fall asleep.In this case, do not be afraid to gently wake the baby - pat on the face, arm, try to remove the nipple.
How often to feed
Here there are two options: one woman breastfeeding schedule, others - when the child himself asks for food.
first option is extremely unfortunate, since caring for your convenience, mom forgets the needs of the baby.The child is much better to eat at least the appearance of hunger, otherwise it could lead to disruptions in eating and stress.
have the smallest number of feedings per day up to 10-12 times a day, including night time.Do a little grown up kids produced quite stable feeding schedule, and crumb begins to eat about 6-8 times a day.The desire to eat the baby may cry to express characteristic sucking movements of the lips, turns head as if in search of his chest.
As to whether to continue breast-feeding in the days of menstruation, then the answer to the question is yes.To feed these days can and should be, so as not to bring down the schedule and do not contribute to the development of stress in children.At the same time during the monthly child can less willing to drink mother's milk.Maybe a little change and become more frequent stools, afraid not worth it.
lactation serious cause upset for any mother is to reduce the amount of milk or its complete absence.The main reasons for this may be several:
- psychological stress, lack of sleep, family conflicts;
- Poor maternal nutrition;
- feeding schedule, a rare attachment to the breast;
- lack of desire among mothers to breastfeed;
- If done Caesarean section (but it does not always cause the absence or lack of milk!);
- Early introduction of the first complementary foods into the diet of crumbs, etc.
to increase lactation should be attentive to their physiological and psychological state, in particular, ensure that:.
- was cheese (about 150 g) in the daily menu,milk / yogurt / ryazhenka (about 200 ml), cheese (about 30-50 g), fish / bird (approximately 200 g);
- tune into a positive, for feeding;
- not allow yourself to be nervous.
will help to strengthen and lactation:
- special preparations;
- drinks: milk with walnuts, tincture of fennel seeds, fresh carrot, tincture of cumin (before reception is better to consult a doctor);
- breast massage (fingertips lightly, but firmly massage the breasts in a circular motion clockwise);
- douche in the morning and evening (arrange a light breast massage shower, plus a direct stream of water behind the blades);
- drunk before feeding cup of milk or tea, activating lactation.
Sometimes there may be a decline in the quality of breast milk - the kid just starting to give up on him or drinks are extremely reluctant.The reasons for this phenomenon are the same as in reducing the amount of milk: stress, poor diet, overwork.
And significantly contribute to this excessive exercise.This means that the first few months it is necessary to abandon attempts to restore the figure of shock doses of sports training.However, you need to give up the heavy homework, or, for example, help the country, garden.Remember that after the birth of your main task was to care about him, and everything else has to go by the wayside.A child is a little older, and after six months or a year you will be able to pay more attention to himself, as well as other matters.
- Ask the midwives immediately after delivery (directly on the table), put the baby to the breast - is a powerful psychological factor that has a positive effect on the mother and child contact, promotes normal lactation.
- If you do not feed your baby in the first days after delivery, be sure to decant the liquid, not to develop an inflammatory process - mastitis.
- In the first three months of feeding, as well as on the 7th and 8th months may appear "crises milk" - milk can become a little less.However, it is important not to start feeding the baby mixtures, but simply put to the breast more frequently.The crisis will pass, and you can again feed in the former regime.
- Do not feed your baby expressed breast milk from a bottle, if there were cracks on the nipple.Kid then did not want to take the breast, that would cause a violation of the process of lactation and milk disappearances.So continue to breastfeed, using special creams and silicone pad.
- before feeding need to decant watery first milk that the baby choked them.
You may also be useful to our article How to breastfeed.