Which media player is better?
Today, in order to diversify the dull TV program, have the support of the media player.It is a compact device that can convert a television in the entertainment center, at the request showing photos or films, play your favorite music.
media player: how to choose the parameters
media - the main parameter of media player.These devices can be used to store media content: an external HDD, built-in hard disk drives and memory cards and USB-drives.Sometimes it may join an external DVD-drive, or there is a slot for an optical drive.The built-in hard disk - a distinct advantage, but with the increase in the volume of the disc, and the cost increases.Therefore, in view of economy, one can take a diskless model connected thereto and external media.
deciding for yourself which is best media player, it is worth to note that in various models range of audio and video connectors on the media player case is significantly different.The basic set includes: HDMI connectors and type "tulip".If it is more equipped model, you can attend the 6-channel audio, and D-Sub and S-Video.If necessary, connect the media player to the device that displays information without HDMI-output, should pay attention to whether the analog ports are available.
Many models are equipped with media players, network interface, which allows you to connect to your home network and the Internet.This applies the Ethernet wired connection, it will not carry every time content to your device and play movies stored in memory a home computer or network storage device (NAS).If this is not possible, it will be convenient to use the support of USB-Slave mode.This option allows the computer to determine connected with a USB media player as an external drive, which is useful for replenishing library files from the primary PC.
very useful feature of some of the models of media players may be able to record TV broadcast directly on the hard drive.
How to choose a media player
Before you decide which one to choose a media player, media player, you need to look closely at the performance of your existing video and audio.Basically, of course media player must meet the parameters of your TV and connect it to the methods.If there is a good sound system and a large-screen TV, be sure to look at and to other parameters.Do not interfere with a couple terabytes of disk storage.They may at first seem like overkill, but, no doubt, will be useful after the acquisition of 3D-TV as well as watched movies with support for the new standards.
Model Classes media players
choosing what is best to buy a media player from the variety of models on the market, depending on the media player features, conditionally divide them into four classes.
- media player with USB-port, but without the hard drive (the HDD), and without the possibility of connecting to a LAN (without a network connection port).This is the simplest and most inexpensive models.They may work well on its own level.
- Media players who have the ability to embed the hard disk (HDD), but without having to connect to a LAN (without a network port).This model is a little more expensive, the previous disc and easy availability of the HDD built-in, where you can record and store the files by overwriting them, for example, from a computer or read from external drives and flash drives via the USB port.There may be the option of background music while viewing photos.The advanced models allow to perform operations with files (move, delete, create new folders) using the remote.Described players can play or only SD-Video, or SD- and HD-video.However, virtually all the new SD-models are equipped with HDMI-output, and can output HD-signal via component and HDMI-out, converting the SD-image in HD.Media players are capable of supporting the following classes of real (1080i / li, 720li,) HD-video.
- Media players that have the ability to connect to a local area network (LAN port), but it does not have the ability to access the Internet - like disk and diskless model.The advantage of these players - except for all the features of previous models they can connect to the network to play files of all available sources - network hard drives (Network Access Storage NAS), computers or other network players (with vstoennymi HDD).In different rooms you can use the home network media player and watch something of their own - over the network from a server.No need to pre-copy files.
- Media players which include the possibility of a connection to the local network (via Ethernet port), Internet access as well as remote control (with remotely located computer) - Diskless and disk.They can:
- play files of almost all formats (including heavy files HD-video, weighing tens of gigabytes);
- read files from the internal the HDD (when available), as well with the external USB-source, some models can play files from external eSATA-disks, files on network drives (in a home network), so it is with the remote of Web-servers (The Internet);
- download files from the Internet .;
- also play IliTV program TV channels and Internet TV;
- Web-accessible media resources (Flickr, YouTube, Yahoo Weather, liicasa, etc. even view e-mail.)
- operate files (move, copy, delete, etc.);
- have the option of remote control (via the Internet or over a network): configuration management, file playback (remote starting, select a file, the playback stops), download new files from the Internet, on / off, etc .;.
- and may even be able to install new software, including alternative, which significantly expands the range of player options.
can run standalone media player in several areas, and manage media player system with a remote or local computer.And even in handheld communicator to the iPhone example it can be used as a computer.Even the players can be on the same local network, or outside any single network.