Which TV is better?
Modern TV market can provide a choice of three main types of TVs:
- CRT or CRT (cathode ray tube) TVs.
- LCD or LCD TVs.
- Plasma TVs.
are many options, but some TV better from the entire list?What are their fundamental differences?This is what we will tell you about.First consider the CRT TVs.
CRT TVs CRT TVs
- a conventional TV, to traditional glass CRT.Since this type of television has the lowest cost among his fellow technology, it still enjoys a good demand.
such television image is formed using a single electron beam on the phosphor screen which is coated or phosphorus.Besides that the beam has a gradual movement, line by line.As a result, in a single time only illuminates one point on the screen, or three points on a color screen, and the overall image is created due to the inertia of the phosphor and the nature of our view.Phosphorus turns off immediately, that is, the full image exists and develops in our minds eye itself adds a complete image of each luminous point separately.This information tells us that the view CRT TVs this is not a vacation for our eyes to recreate the image of the invisible.
These TVs can be equipped with a convex, flat and super flat picture tubes.The most perfect and beautiful look flat and super flat picture tubes.The frequency in CRT televisions, usually do not exceed 100 Hz.Which TV is better because these models, you need to look at survey model that you are interested in.Note the color and the display plane.
Disadvantages of CRT TVs
- relatively small screen size to 30 inches.
- human eye catches coming from CRT flickering.
- bulky and large size.
- problem in convergence, focus, purity, color, geometric distortions.
- screen lends itself to the negative influence of the magnetic field.
- screen well it attracts dust.
Advantages of CRT TVs
- relative cheapness.
- Over the years, the maximum exhaust technology.
- A wide variety of lineup.
- Lifetime sometimes reaches more than 15 years.
- natural colors.
main advantage of plasma TV is undoubtedly its small width of the housing, about 10-15 cm and a large diagonal display, up to 80 inches.This easily makes it possible to install the plasma television in a variety of places, and even hang it on the wall.
basic principle of the plasma TV is based on the fact that each individual display cell is self-luminous and particles that are a mikrokineskop which is filled with gas.The outer part of the picture tube is coated with phosphor.42-inch panel can be a million such cells.Ultraviolet radiation from the gas discharge in the environment causes the microscopic picture tube produce glow.The longer the time the cell is lit, the image will be brighter than the element that corresponds to that cell.Moreover, the elements with the most pronounced brightness burn constantly, well, more dark places, they generally can not burn.This flickering is thoughtful and fast that no human eye or the camera may not notice it.Sophisticated production and sophisticated control algorithm technology such technologies affect the high cost of plasma TVs, and a small number of manufacturers.
If you think which one is better to buy a TV, you will not lose among manufacturers of plasma displays, if your choice on the companies: FHP, LG, Samsung, NEC and Pioneer.
It is worth noting that there are plasma displays and plasma TVs.The principal difference of both is that plasma displays do not have built-in TV tuner and they are usually designed for viewing images transmitted by the video signal, ie, DVD, Blue-ray, and other players.A plasma TVs have built-in TV tuner for viewing terrestrial or cable channels.Plasma TV and panels, as well as all kinds of equipment, have their advantages and disadvantages.
- Bright and flat-panel display, which has a small thickness.
- style and originality of design.
- screen size to 80 inches.
- no flicker.
- display does not cause harmful magnetic and electric fields.
- Dust is not attracted to the screen.
- No X-rays.No problem
- attention, focus, and linearity.
- Wide angle viewing screen up to 160 degrees.
- Plasma TV always has the same resolution as the input signal.
- Plasma displays are equipped with 16: 9 format.There
- feature progressive scan, which makes it possible to enlarge the image to fill the screen.
- Serves about 17 years.
- high cost.
- expendable high voltage.
- Plasma burning discharges difficult to extinguish.
- large number of points increases the likelihood of failure, which can lead to permanent luminous points on the screen.
- glow of some elements over time reduces its effectiveness because it is not necessary to watch a still image for too long.
- big weight, from about 40 and up to 90 kg.
- sometimes creates noise in connection with the operation of the cooling fans.But right now switch to the production of fanless models.
If you decide to opt for a plasma screen, a brand, the best TV production of this category, you can clearly identify the characteristics of the models, ie, viewing angle, response time, image, power consumption and system image display algorithm.
These televisions work due to the properties of certain substances exhibit the properties of crystals.Under the influence of the electromagnetic field, they begin to be polarized.It uses filters that can make an image of any color.In the scheme of the TV is used microscopic transistors that function to open and close each of the three individual cells, each pixel of the image.
LCD TVs work by the molecular effects of liquid crystals and the individual elements that make these crystals are arranged in the correct sequence.Under the influence of filters, the image can take almost any color.Component and a distinctive ability to LCD TVs, is a digital image transmission.That is, one does not need to strain your eyes to see such a display.
If you think a LCD TV is better, then we can say with confidence, the more expensive model, the largest in its light transmission and image clarity.So, when choosing a LCD TV, rely primarily on their eyes.Also pay attention to the response time of the image, in which the expansion of the screen and manufacturers.The best in this respect are considered, LG, Samsung, Phillips.
3D or LED
Also, there are LCD TV sets with 3D function.What is the best 3D TV, you can learn on the Internet, or at your nearest supermarket equipment.It is worth paying attention to the color image, the conversion mode 2D images into 3D images, which is an important function, and image response time.One of the best manufacturers in the market of 3D TV is the company Phillips.
Another TV technology with LCD display is called LED.It differs from the conventional technology in that the organic liquid crystals used in TV design, the light goes through with greater color reproduction, which allows to make the image clearer and more vivid.If you ask what the best LED TV, we can say with certainty that the leading position in the production of these models take the company Samsung.And a couple of words about the advantages and disadvantages of LCD TVs.
- High definition is achieved only at the physical resolution.
- TVs data Angle, though increased to 170 degrees, but it is better to watch it with a smaller angle.
- screen size is limited to 42 inches.
- Eye fatigue with fast moving images.
- light output is really good only in expensive models.
- power consumption lower than that of other types of TVs.
- Clarity in specifying the size of the screen.
- perfect image geometry.
- screen is not burned and not X-rayed.
- well suited for connection to a computer.
- resolution higher than that of plasma.
- screen has the property to attract dust.
So, you've read the information, but still you have not yet decided how best to buy a TV?In this case, be based on the amount you are willing to spend on what you want from the TV and any additional features you want to use it.By answering these questions, you will get a certain picture of your future TV.