How to install windows from a USB drive ?
Watch the video
Many used to install Windows from a disk, but you can perform this procedure, and from removable media.This article will talk about how to install Windows 7 from a USB drive.
- Insert the USB-drive in the correct slot, go to "My Computer", click on the drive icon that appears, right-click in the popup menu, select "Format".
- Specify the formatting options - FAT32 system, tick "Quick" set is not necessary.Click "Continue" button.
- UltraISO Download the program and the way Windows 7.
- Install and open UltraISO, select "File" from the main menu, then "Open."We find the downloaded ISO-image and open it.
- we click the main menu item "Bootstrapping", then "Save the image to your hard drive."
- In the next window in the line "Disk Drive" points the way to a flash drive.In the line "Recording Method" choose "USB-HDD", click "Save".
- Wait until finish the recording process.Once it is completed, the job is done: the flash card with the image of the system, with which we will carry out the installation is ready!
More ways to create a bootable USB flash drive found in articles:
- How to make bootable USB flash drive
- How to burn Windows on a USB flash drive
- How to make the installation flash drive windows 7
Now you need to specify such parameters of the system, so that whendownloading it appealed not to the hard drive, and our flash drive.
- Restarting the computer, including changing the prompts carefully look out for, which is the inscription "Press *** to enter SETUP".Place Stars depending on the model you can take a combination - F1, F2, F3, Delete, etc.Click the one that is required.
- If you wait too long to press the button, you will find yourself in the BIOS menu.In that case, if you do not have time to press a button to send the computer to reboot again.
- in BIOS menu, select the tab "Boot", hereinafter referred to "Boot Device Priority" in the line "1st Boot Device" option "Hard Drive" on changing the USB-Zip.Again, depending on the computer model, instead of the USB-Zip you can see the USB-floppy, USB-CD, etc.In this case, your reference point - "USB".Important!For the BIOS menu control, use the arrow keys, as well as hot combination.The values of the combinations you can see in the BIOS menu.
- Now you need to save changes and exit.Typically, this combination holds a button F10.
Installation System After you exit the BIOS menu, the computer begins to restart, you will see a black screen with a white stripe and the words "Windows is loading files ...".When the download is complete:
- In the window "Installing the Windows" select language, input and time format, click "Next".
- In the next window, select "Install" button, and then the license agreement will appear in front of you, you want to take and click "Next."
- Now you need to choose an installation type, there are only two options: "Update" and "Full Installation".Select the last item.
- In the new window, you can select the Windows installation partition, and perform disk partitioning.Why do it?If you divide the disk, for example, in three parts (one of which put the system in the second will store the installation files of various programs, and the third different personal content), you first, will be more convenient, and, secondly,you can reinstall the system without harm to other data.Breaking through the "Disk Setup" button.Important!If your drive is already partitioned, but you want to, for whatever reasons, repartition, remember, your files are most likely to suffer!
- Once decided on the partition, you can click "Next" button, then immediately begin installation of the system.Here, you are only required patience.The installation may take 10 to 30 minutes - depending on the power of your computer.You will see how the installation is performed step by step system - copying files, unpacking, installation, etc.At the completion of certain steps, the computer will reboot, do not worry, everything is going as it should.
- When the installation process is complete, a window will appear in front of you, where you can select a user name and the computer, and the next you can set a password to your account.
- On the "Help protect your computer automatically ..." choose "Use recommended settings".This setting can be postponed and then perform through the control panel.
- In the next window, select the date and time and click "Next."We are waiting for a few seconds and see the updated desktop systems.
order our system will start to fully operate, need to establish a number of drivers.Ideally, when all the drivers to your computer / laptop comes in the box with the device, and you do not lose.Then all it takes - to insert the appropriate drive, run the installation and follow the prompts to "Installation Wizard" to perform the job quickly and easily.But what to do when the driver is not available or you are somewhere lost the disk?Of course, the search for the correct driver on the network.
first step is to determine what type of driver you need, for this we need an additional software:
- Everest Download the program, install and run it.
- In the program tab "Devices" choose "the Windows Device".
- In the right window you will see a number of devices with a question mark next to yellow.These are the devices for which drivers are missing.
- Now our task is to determine what kind of device.To do this, click in turn on each of them - the necessary information will appear in the lower right of the program window.
- We are interested in stitching PCI-devices.Rewriting the content for each device or copy this line in a text document.
- Now the challenge remains for small: to find in the network drivers for all devices.Today, you can find a lot of sites on the Internet, allows you to download a driver for any device.Here are some of them - setdrivers.ucoz.ru, torrent-programs.net, www.windowsdrivers.ru.
We recommend that you install the drivers in the following order:
- Chipset Graphics Card Sound Card
- Wi-Fi adapter
- Other devices.
Usually driver installation - a task is simple, you just run the downloaded file, and all the work usually takes place in the automatic mode.But remember that after installing each driver it is necessary to reboot, if the system has not fulfilled its own.
Once all the drivers are installed, you will be able to fully use the computer.Good luck!