How to connect a hitch ?
Watch the video
knowledge on how to connect a tow hitch, can be useful to motorists, who planned to acquire and successfully use a trailer.On this and talk in our article.
Connectivity tow bar to the trailer
main problem when connecting the tow bar - this is the correct commutation wiring.Often there is confusion when trying to self connection.Use our instructions:
- First, arm yourself with the wiring diagram of your car's exterior lighting.
- If your car is equipped with a 7-pin towbar, the use of such a scheme:
- L-signal, connect to the left turning lights;
- 54G-signal connect to 12V power source (battery) to the positive terminal;
- 31 signal connect to the mass, negative charge (attached to the body of the vehicle);
- R-signal to connect to the right-hand turning lights;
- 58R-signal to connect to the right position lamps and lighting license plate;
- 54 signal connect to the brake lights;
- 58L-connect the signal to the left position lamps.
- If your car is equipped with a 13-pin towbar, the color scheme should be read as follows:
- Yellow - Left turning lights;
- Blue - rear fog lights;
- White - ground for contacts 1 to 8;
- Green - right turning lights;
- Brown - Left side lights and number plate lights;
- Red - brake lights;
- Black - Right side lights and number plate lights;
- Pink - reversing lights;
- Orange - 12V supply from the battery (positive charge);
- Gray - 12B only in the presence of ignition (positive charge);
- White and black color - ground contact under the number 10;
- White-blue color - a signal wire;
- White-orange color - ground contact at number 9.
In the case of sockets types of car and trailer do not match (for example, to the towbar mounted 7-pole system and the trailer 13-contact), then you need to purchase an adapter.It will connect the car and the trailer in the right way.
In this section you can find Auto even more useful information.