CVT or automatic ?
Most modern motorists prefer automatic transmission manual.The automatic transmission is normal, or whatever it is called "robot" or other modification - variator.Normal machine has up to eight speeds variator infinite number of speeds.And what is a CVT?CVT - an intermediate device between the motor and the drive.CVT has always been used in scooters, mopeds, snowmobiles.The vehicles used by the end of the twentieth century, but gained popularity only in our days.Driving the vehicle with a CVT, reminiscent of powerful acceleration of the engine, the car is moving smoothly and quickly.
Any CVT or automatic has its own pros and cons.And we'll start with the variator characteristics.Thus, the CVT has its advantages:
- dynamic rapid acceleration.Similarly, faster and more smoothly than on the machine and even more so, on the mechanics.
- economical fuel consumption.
- dynamic movement, without jerks.This is achieved by the absence of a gear change.
- Big engine life.
- Effortless control of the car.Especially for beginners, a car with a CVT seem a fairy tale.
- good acceleration, even with an average power of cars.
- Security in emergency and emergency situations.
Any system has disadvantages, and the CVT is not an exception.Among the main disadvantages are the variator:
- sharply start moving from impossible places.
- You can not use a car with too powerful engines.
- Driving a car with a CVT is a little different, and drivers who are accustomed to the mechanics or machine will have to adapt.
- Sports techniques in a car with a CVT, do not work, such methods will not be able to enjoy.
- Instead engine oil, which is used to using all motorists to use the variator requires as a filler, particularly liquid oil is much more expensive and indispensable to any other.
- Repair variator is very difficult, and sometimes impossible.Repair of such modern systems has been very small organizations.Spare parts are also easy to reach.
- When towing this car, or tow the car with a CVT, there are many restrictions.
- Work variator directly depends on all factors: pressure, speed, position of the crankshaft and much more.Failure of a single part, will have to repair, almost the entire car.
- every 100-150 thousand kilometers is necessary to change the belt between pulleys.
- Sophisticated electronics.
variator requires special care.To detail has served you as long as possible, following the rules of operation must be performed:
- well heated engines, avoid cold.
- Ensure the presence of liquid, do not forget to fill up.
- Monitor all gauges, wires and connectors.
- Monitor engine.
find out that it is better or CVT automatic, for your car, it will be possible after we describe the pros and cons of a conventional automatic transmission.Among the main advantages of an automatic transmission includes:
- Effortless control of the car.The driver is absolutely no need to think what speed to choose how to start, etc.
- Large clutch life.On this issue, you probably have encountered, if previously used a manual transmission.
- Big engine life.An automatic transmission shift gears, spare engine.Engine wear is becoming smaller.
- Fuel automatic transmission uses a hardly less than the mechanical.But these data are approximate.Conventionally, at average speed, and the automatic and mechanic uses an equal amount of gasoline.And despite the fact that the variator will spend even less amount of gasoline, the data altogether unimportant.
CVT or automatic are minuses, sometimes significant and important.The disadvantages of an automatic transmission include the following:
- The machine does not have such a dynamic and smooth movement.If you are a car owner with a standard automatic transmission, you probably used to jerk and chain movement.There is clearly losing automatic variator.
- As for gasoline, we have described.Let us give a concrete example.The machine uses more fuel than the CVT, but less than the manual.
- Automatic also not easy to be repaired, most likely repair the gearbox will result in a good amount.
- transmission oil fill must be almost two times more than in a car with a CVT.For example, a required variator 5 liters and machine 10. Also necessary to change oil more frequently than with the variator.For example, the CVT requires oil change for every 100-150 thousand. Kilometers and require automatic oil change every 50-70 thousand. Kilometers.
- at very low temperatures and frost, automatic may simply not work, and gear oil is simply freeze.
We describe the pros and cons of both the gearbox.Now we have to summarize.Which is better, CVT or automatic?For technical properties, CVT machine moves forward.But the CVT not suitable for every vehicle and automatic transmission will not appeal to every motorist.
Much also depends on whether there is a warranty on your car.If you buy a new car with a warranty, feel free to choose the variator, asyou can fix it.In other situations, more practical and more economical to choose the machine.Ultimately, it all depends on a host machine and its technical properties.
I hope that our article will help select or determine that it is necessary to choose, or CVT automatic, although superior quality, in fact, is the quality of the production of a unit.Choose and driving pleasure!