Is it possible to get pregnant with a spiral ?
Spiral is a known means of protection against unwanted pregnancy.But somehow we always rumors that the pregnancy can still occur.So it is still possible to get pregnant with a spiral?Or is it just a rumor?
possibility of pregnancy
In rare cases it is possible to get pregnant with a spiral.The presence of an intrauterine device as a foreign body in the uterus - a reliable means of contraception.But there are cases where despite this, the pregnancy occurs.What are the reasons for a possible pregnancy with a spiral?Most often, a woman simply does not notice that the coil is partially or completely dropped out of the uterus.
probability of getting pregnant with spiral
To deal with the probability of getting pregnant with a spiral, look at the types of intrauterine devices, because of this depends also on the possibility of pregnancy.
- Spiral for 5 years.This IUD releases levonorgestrel hormone-like substances.The researchers say that the probability of becoming pregnant with the coil is 0.5%.
- spiral for the period up to 7 years.This IUD contains copper or silver.The possibility of pregnancy is equal to 2% with the use of this type of helix.
If you become pregnant
What to do if you become pregnant with a spiral?
Firstly, it is important to remember that there are still a small percentage of the likelihood of getting pregnant with spiral.Therefore, any delay menstruation you should be checked for pregnancy.If time does not diagnose the occurrence of pregnancy, the spiral can cause miscarriage.If a woman is pregnant and wants to keep the baby, only a doctor can remove the spiral with special threads hanging from her vagina.Make it should be as soon as possible.If the vagina is not visible to the thread and did not pick up, it is often recommended termination of pregnancy.After removing the spiral pregnancy will be no different from the usual.Even if you can not remove the coil, and the woman decided to give birth, then report this pregnancy some can not.And in this case you can not worry about their health and the health of the child from the second half of pregnancy.
When deciding to use the IUD as a contraceptive agent, consider the following recommendations:
- is undesirable to use a spiral is not yet parous women.
- Helix does not protect you from sexually transmitted infections by, so do not recommend the use of a spiral women with more than one partner.
- spiral can be administered only by a physician.
- Before using the spiral you must pass inspection, which found there are any contraindications to this type of contraception.