Does it hurt to give birth ?
All pregnant women have a fear of childbirth.And the closer the estimated delivery date, the stronger the fear of experiencing future mothers and their more experienced friend warmed fear their stories of torture, through which passes a woman in labor.Does it hurt to give birth and how to reduce the pain of this most - we shall understand in order.
hurts whether to have a child
Responding to a question whether the pain to give birth for the first time we can say with confidence - yes.As actually and second and third and any subsequent time.Certainly the process of childbirth is painful, but it is tolerable.Especially if births are a natural way and without complications.The main thing is not to lose my head and carefully listen to your doctor and obstetrician.Then labor will be most easily and quickly.The main thing you remember, if you set yourself to the fact that the birth will be painless, then so be it!
If in the process of childbirth complications arose, the pain may worsen and quite significantly.But even in this case, doctors will not bully you and offer pain relief.
Analgesia during childbirth
If your birth last long and painful, or you have a low threshold of pain and suffering simply can not, doctors can offer several types of anesthesia:
- Epidural anesthesia.The most popular method of pain relief in labor.In this method, drugs administered through a catheter in the lower back.Usually women are afraid of this method of pain relief in the mistaken belief that epidural anesthesia will lead to irreparable side effects.In fact epidural anesthesia is more dangerous than any local anesthesia, which is made for operations.
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas).It is a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen.It is used by inhalation.This method relaxes and dulls the pain, but does not eliminate it as an epidural.
- Applying heat.This method of analgesia refers to a natural, non-drug methods.Applying heat to the abdomen or the waist (depending on what you stronger pain) relaxes muscles and thus relieves pain, of course only partially.
- Massage.A great way to pain relief if you have joint childbirth or if the midwife is with you throughout the period of the fights.
- Childbirth in water.Being in the bathtub or the water relaxes muscles and relieves pain perfectly during labor.Note, however, that water birth should take place not at home, and under the supervision of experienced professionals.
hurts whether to give birth by caesarean section
In some cases, natural childbirth is not possible, and the doctors decide on the delivery via caesarean section.Most often, during this operation is applied epidural anesthesia, but sometimes do maternity and general anesthesia.And in fact, and in another case, pain during labor and delivery, you do not feel, but the recovery process will be long after and quite painful.The first few days after giving birth by caesarean section a young mother can not even sit down, it is shown to bed, so without the help of relatives will not do.In addition, uterine scar have to watch for a long time and every subsequent generations are likely to take place in the same way by the operation.
Whatever were your birth, remember that the process of the birth of your baby.And let it brings discomfort and pain, all the same pregnancy and childbirth - one of the best times in a woman's life.