How to replace spark plugs ?
All owners of cars have to change the candles.To learn how to replace spark plugs, tell our article.
- necessary to allow the engine to cool for 3-4 hours after it stops.
- Take the manual of your car and see where the spark plugs, the number, size information and spark gap housing.
- Using the appropriate directory, or ask a specialist, you need to find the right spark plug.You also need to buy a socket wrench, socket-extension (to remove the recessed spark plugs) and plug the spark plugs (plus padding).
- Clarify, if necessary clearance, as some spark plugs do not have clearance at the other gaps are different.
- Adjust, using a wire gauge, the distance between a pair of electrodes.This is where there is a spark of the candle.One electrode - L-shaped, the other - central - located opposite the first.It is necessary to set the gap between the electrodes is 0,028-0,059 inches.
- next step is to check whether the candle is laying on the socket wrench.In the case of sticking new spark to the rubber seal, it is necessary to consider the possibility of extraction of the gasket with a screwdriver.To spark plug does not fall out of the socket wrench, and it would be easy to release from it after the installation of the engine, it can simply be glued to this key tape.In another case, you will need to use pliers to release the key after the installation of the spark plug.
- Next you need to determine (using the instructions for repair cars or on its operation manual) location broneprovodov (distribution wires) spark plugs.The number of wires equal to the number of spark plugs that are installed in the engine.Typically, these wires are red or black.They are also distributed equally on opposite sides of the engine.
- with adhesive tape should be noted each wire at the point of connection, because you can forget the order of the connection wires.
- Now you need to remove each spark cable, pulling the covers on.
- Next, you need to clear debris around the spark plug, use a special brush or compressed air pressure.
- use a key for spark plugs, it is necessary to remove all the candles, and replace each with a new spark plug.Be careful not to overtighten the spark plug.
- Now install the cables of spark plugs in their place, and remove the tape.
- 're away from under the hood all the tools to close it and start the engine.
Now you know how to replace spark plugs!